• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Starting to use my google account - htc desire

mcchriswood

Mar 3, 2010
I decided tonight that i was going to try and start using my google account on my desktop synced with my phone.
So...i had all of my contacts saved too the phone rather than too my google account (choosed the option to save to phone when adding a new contact initially because i was unsure how google worked)
I couldnt for the life of me see how to switch this contact over to my google account from the phone so i had to save all contacts too sim individually then had to "import from sim card" and created the new contacts under my google account. This left me with the contacts on my phone saved too google contacts and when going on a contact now in the top right hand corner it says linked and there is 2 circles with a green link between them.
Previously it just said phone and had no green link
These contacts however are not showing up in google when i sign in on my desktop.
Also, on my phone, when i go to menu > view (when in the people application) if i uncheck all boxes and check google (51) no contacts show up.
However if i check also the sub heading saying "Show auto Gmail contacts" then they show up :S
Ive just added a new contact and clicked the option save contact too google when i initially created it. This contact does not say linked but just says google at the top and is also the only contact showing up when i just check the google box and not the sub box.
Im also using jorte calender which i thought was compatible but nothing from that seems to have gone onto my desktop calendar when signed in to google?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones