• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Startup Animation

D

Deleted User

I just noticed when my Hero starts up, when the word "HERO" is on the screen, the green android robot appears in the O, then from behind the H and waves at me. Is this new? Maybe it has always done this and I just never noticed before.

I'm sure they can be faked, but in this case I don't think the YT user who did this comparison would have the motive to fake them, so the scores are probably genuine.

It's not the reviewer. It's the manufacturer who coded the phone software to give a fake score on Antutu. Basically, they set the phone up to make fake scores straight from the factory.

Upvote 0
I'm sure they can be faked, but in this case I don't think the YT user who did this comparison would have the motive to fake them, so the scores are probably genuine.

I'm saying it could be already built in off the production line.

Maybe not likely, but easily a possibility.

Ex
The s4 has software that boosts its performance when a benchmark app is loaded

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones