• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Startup/shutdown vibrate annoyance

carlos67

Lurker
Oct 23, 2010
Hi guys,

Does anybody know of a "patch" or indeed an ADB shell command that will enable me to disable the pointless (to me anyway) vibration on startup and shutdown. I am rooted with S-ON running stock Froyo with a "few little" mods applied such as rosie drag n drop and trackpad wake.

Please don't suggest I install a full custom ROM as I dont want to do this just to get vibrate off. It seems like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Surely if I can issue a command in ADB shell to disable startup sound (which I have successfully done) then there is a command to disable startup and shutdown vibrate??? Logically that must be the case? There must be somewhere in the startup/shutdown code that tells the phone to vibrate.

I would be very,very,very,very grateful if anyone can point me towards a solution other than a full custom ROM install. For now I want to carry on running stock Froyo with my little tweaks.

I am looking for a "tweak" such as a zip file or shell command.

Guys????:thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones