1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Startup/shutdown vibrate annoyance

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by carlos67, Nov 3, 2010.

1. carlos67

carlos67 Lurker

Hi guys,

Does anybody know of a "patch" or indeed an ADB shell command that will enable me to disable the pointless (to me anyway) vibration on startup and shutdown. I am rooted with S-ON running stock Froyo with a "few little" mods applied such as rosie drag n drop and trackpad wake.

Please don't suggest I install a full custom ROM as I dont want to do this just to get vibrate off. It seems like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Surely if I can issue a command in ADB shell to disable startup sound (which I have successfully done) then there is a command to disable startup and shutdown vibrate??? Logically that must be the case? There must be somewhere in the startup/shutdown code that tells the phone to vibrate.

I would be very,very,very,very grateful if anyone can point me towards a solution other than a full custom ROM install. For now I want to carry on running stock Froyo with my little tweaks.

I am looking for a "tweak" such as a zip file or shell command.

Guys????:thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

You would probably be best asking this over at XDA to be honest

3. carlos67

carlos67 Lurker

danfrance

Thanks for your reply, I have already posted over there but wanted to ask the question to as many Desire owners as possible.

I reckon some linux guru should have the answer to this?

Its really bugging me!:mad:

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews