1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

State: Concealed carry bill advances!!

Discussion in 'Politics and Current Affairs' started by Spykez, Mar 9, 2011.

1. byteware

byteware Android Expert

He's attempting (and failing IMO) to compare owning a firearm with owning and carrying a flamethrower on your person.

He's attempting (and failing IMO) to indicate that just because carrying a gun is legal, doesn't make it a good idea.

In my opinion, he's grasping at straws because he can't present an actual logical argument against gun ownership.

Advertisement

tommy_ed likes this.
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Oh - I see.

OK, well, if anyone thinks gun ownership is a bad idea, that's their right - not sure a right to believe anything requires proof, but that's my opinion.

3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

I believe Slug was clear as was I - forum rules apply.

This means watching your language and posting politely, among other things.

4. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Android Expert

Well, they could ban all imports of weapons. They could raise license fees for shops to a point where the small dealers disappear. They could extend the time it takes for a more complete background check. They could impose taxes on ammo... lots of things they could do and it would have a tremendous effect on gun ownership.

Then come the court battles. And SCOTUS could simply refuse to hear the cases.

Bob

5. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery

Not that easy for most of the population. Although smuggling guns into Canada from the US is on the rise, especially from gangs.

Although I lean towards anti-violence (thus including guns), I kind of understand how American views their right to carry guns from these kind of threads. I think the best objectives is to make people that are committing crimes using guns to be harshley punished. If the law is tough on the criminals, then criminal-to-be will think twice of doing a crime.

I don't really want to carry a gun (not that I can)...but I wish I could carry a pepper spray for self defense.

6. Roze

7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

As you know, it's been quite a while since I've spent any time in your neck of the woods and I've not kept up on the statistics.

I hope they're harsh on the criminals as a deterrent then.

8. Roze

Not sure...you would think.

9. Adauth

Adauth Android Expert

what are the odd's :lol: .40 My baby
    Looking to pick up and M4 next and an AK.

10. byteware

byteware Android Expert

Man, Can't even defend yourself at all in Canada can you...?

11. Roze

Oh, we can 'defend' ourselves but we don't have all of the means our southern neighbours have to defend ourselves. :D

12. byteware

byteware Android Expert

Can't carry mace. Can't carry good knives. What exactly are you defending yourselves with? :p

13. to think that prison or the death penalty are deterrents to crime is laughable at best.

[​IMG]

14. Spykez

Spykez Member

oh wow!! I was thinking of getting that for my next pistol!! How is it?

You know, one way to help with crime all together is harsher punishment for criminals. I mean our justice system is completely screwed up and I can't believe it hasn't been fixed yet. The way it is now you get more protection if you're a criminal than not. A lot of states if you shoot someone in your house and they're only injured, they can turn around and sue you for it. The cops where I live will tell you flat out if someone breaks into your house and you shoot them, make sure he's dead before the cops get there.

ROFLMAO!! THATS AWESOME!!

15. Adauth

Adauth Android Expert

Love it, put about 200 rounds through her already.

16. Spykez

Spykez Member

ooooo while we're on the subject of firearms, I just bought this tonight :), I get to pick it up tomorrow at exactly 8:39 lol

[​IMG]

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 :D

17. nice, cheap, all-day fun right there. i was just talking with my co-workers about always having a .22LR rifle and pistol just for that reason.

18. byteware

byteware Android Expert

The grip, butt, and guard look different (and of course the sights), but the base of that rifle looks stock M-16.

19. Spykez

Spykez Member

It's actually based off of the Colt M4

[​IMG]

:) Yep! I didn't realize how cheap ammo for .22LR was, holy crap, 12 bucks for 300+ rounds for it? HELL YA

20. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Android Expert

it's illegal to carry a flamethrower because there is no practical use for it. defending yourself with a flamethrower would most likely injure innocent bystanders and catch fire to property. and as has been covered above, cases of innocent bystanders being shot by someone protecting themselves with a gun are few and far between. although i will admit, a flamethrower would be fun! hahaha :D

another part of the problem is the fact that guns are already so readily available that stricter gun laws only prevent law-abiding citizens from acquiring them. Criminals will always be able to get guns.

21. Roze

So, I was talkign to a friend on how I can legally defend myself. So I told him that I used to carry a mini hairspray can around but didn't feel it was that great of a defense so stopped carrying it. He suggested that if I pair it up with a lighter, I can make a mini flamethrower out of it? lol. I wonder how feasible that would be? And if the cop asks...I can say that it was improvised from necessities I carry in my bag.

Anyways, Googling to see

Edit:
    Oh it does work though the guy is using an Axe deoderant spray o_O That actually looks dangerous to use with a secret lighter...
    [​IMG]

hmmm....maybe this isn't the smartest idea >_>;;

22. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Yep - aerosols easily ignite.

Some years ago, we used to use breath spray with a lighter in the bars to make little light shows. Made the barmaids laugh and got their attention when it was time for another round.

One night at our table (ok - it was me) the entire contents came out when the valve froze open - created a fireball that went up and licked the 20' ceiling.

So, yes, aerosol cans and a lighter are very dangerous.

Better to carry a handful of curry powder and claim you were marketing. Two guys in India held up a train with curry powder - eventually giving rise to pepper spray.

Check with authorities first, tho. ;)

23. cipher6

cipher6 Android Enthusiast

The original source of the right to bear arms in the US is to keep government power in check. If the population is armed, its less likely a government would try and subjugate or abuse its power. That, and back when the US started, we didn't have a standing army, when we had a problem, they just gathered up everyone in the area with a musket and they went and took care of it.

Getting to shoot crack heads trying to invade your house is just an added bonus.

Ed Zachary, Crude and tommy_ed like this.
  24. ElasticNinja

ElasticNinja Android Expert

wow some really cool war machines there