• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root State of unlocked Bell Atrix after unlocking?

PEPPISSED

Sep 4, 2011
So lets say I go ahead and Unlock my bootloader on Rooted Bell Atrix at OTA 2.3.4 with this (pudding method):

[PUDDING] International House of Pudding! BL Unlock/root thread (Updated 07/23/2011) - xda-developers

What will be the state of the phone after unlocking? Assuming I take out the sim card and ext SD card, will the phone still b at 2.3.4 minus apps and data after unlocking?

Will restoring Titanium Backups and Mybackup Root files bring the phone back to where it was, apps and data wise as well as settings for internet and email?

On the same track.....
with my newly bootloader unlocked phone, if I write a new rom, can I get apps, data and phone settings reinstated to the new rom by the same backup restore method listed above?

TIA

I rooted and unlocked my bootloader (and then rooted it again since unlocking the BL erases it) all this week.

When you unlock, everything that you installed gets wiped off... However anything on your internal SD and external SD still remains intact (yea, i was surprised when I went to my gallery folder and my pics were still there).

But that's why you have Titanium backup. Just restore all the stuff you installed before the unlock.

I however havent flashed a new ROM in yet; Still waiting for that Cyanogen Mod 7 to release. But I believe so since I've reflashed the original ROM again from backup b/c I was fiddling with the Webtop app and you can still restore your apps back. They're all saved on the internal/external storage.

Reactions: PEPPISSED
Upvote 0
I rooted and unlocked my bootloader (and then rooted it again since unlocking the BL erases it) all this week.

When you unlock, everything that you installed gets wiped off... However anything on your internal SD and external SD still remains intact (yea, i was surprised when I went to my gallery folder and my pics were still there).

But that's why you have Titanium backup. Just restore all the stuff you installed before the unlock.

I however havent flashed a new ROM in yet; Still waiting for that Cyanogen Mod 7 to release. But I believe so since I've reflashed the original ROM again from backup b/c I was fiddling with the Webtop app and you can still restore your apps back. They're all saved on the internal/external storage.

Thanks h33t, pretty much the info I was looking for. I haven't unlocked the bootloader yet as I let myself get talked into the ridiculously priced PEP program at Futureshop (something I normally don't fall for) which puts me in the nofun, no play category for now. I'm locked into $13.00 a month for 3 years with the SOBs. I will have paid $528 to warranty a phone which is now selling for $400.00. If I unlock, I will apparently void the warranty and PEP will be out the window, unless I find out there is a 2.3.4 version for Bell that can be written to the phone that locks it again or at least takes away the "Unlocked" message on boot up.

I would warn anyone who is listening, be wary of Futureshop and the highpressure sales tactics for this utterly ridiculous program.

Upvote 0

Were you in gingerbread when you did this? If so how did you going about doing it. I have 2.3.4 and tried to follow pudding steps at XDA but I didnt know the correct files to download for bell. Could you shed a little ligt ? : )

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones