1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Static graphics games

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by qwert940, Jul 19, 2011.

1. qwert940

qwert940 Lurker
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    I have All New Nook from B&N and of course I rooted it so I may use any Android app. Do you know any good games with static graphics? Because of the e-ink screen technology it cannot refresh frequently so I'm left with games like crosswords, sudoku etc. Do you know any good games which will do their job on this device? ;)

Advertisement

2. hansschmucker

hansschmucker Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 22, 2011
    I'm just looking through my list of installed applications here, so no links for now:

Quell should work, but the menus might be a little awkward. TiltMazes as well since it's basically a VERY basic implementation of the same principle (just don't forget to disable the tilt controls... it's entirely unplayable with those since the screen auto-rotates).

Frozen Bubble should be playable, but it might not be much fun in B&W. Plus, aiming might prove a little difficult.

OpenSudoku should work fine, but you already have a Sudoku game, so...

Shoko Rocket might be playable depending on level: The cats are animated.

Aporkalypse should work fine if the graphics still allow you to make out the blocks in B&W.

Shift one the other hand should look fine, but since a few levels are timed you might run into problems there.

Mines (Minesweeper) should be perfect.

Same with Vexed for Android.

Walkabout should work as well, but here again the graphics might cause problems.

qwert940 likes this.
  3. qwert940

qwert940 Lurker
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    Thanks for the recommendations, I hope someone will be helpful as well. I thought about Scrabble or games similar to it but from what I've read many of them are only on-line games. If someone knows which of them are playable off-line I would be grateful. If not I will have to try all "lite" versions ;)