• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Status bar icon identify

ShaNicole

Lurker
Jun 6, 2022
20220606_002910.jpg
can anyone tell me what this icon in a phones status bar means? Is it an app notification? Know what app? It's not my phone.

Last edited:
It is an app notification because technically they all are. If it's on the opposite side of the screen to the battery and signal items it's a user-installed app too.

It's not one I recognise. Has an ecclesiastical appearance to me, but that doesn't necessarily mean it actually is a prayer app. The simplest way to know is almost certainly to ask the person whose phone it is on.

Upvote 0
Thanks. Yes it is opposite the battery icon so it is a user installed app. I didn't know if there was a way to look it up or if anyone had seen it before. It is from a screenshot someone sent me and I really don't want to get into everything asking them would involve so...ehhh. Thanks for your replies.

Upvote 0
For anyone who has strange icons up top, just swipe down and see what the notification reads. I'll bet it's some type of spam notification about 'hot girls now!' or 'Free iPad! Claim yours!'.

FYI, NEVER click on them or give any data to them. This is an old type of scam I was familar with during Android 2.3's heyday, called 'AirPush spam'. The scams took many forms, heart, star, or various other random symbols posing as notifications. Almost always from an app from the likes of Cheetah Mobile. Uninstall any RAM cleaners, battery savers, and 'CPU Cooler' apps. They're useless.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones