1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Status bar icons sometimes disappear!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eugchen, May 8, 2020.

1. eugchen

eugchen Newbie

can anyone help me figure out how to fix this problem? i noticed that overnight, when i wake up, my icons (weather, date, etc) on my status bar disappear, and only show the "SPRINT" logo. the only way to get the icons back are to reboot the phone. see attached screenshots.

btw, i have a NOTE 10 plus, with sprint in USA, and just started using Good Lock yesterday.

Attached Files:

2. Best Answer:
    Post #6 by eugchen, May 13, 2020 (3 points)
  3. marctronixx

rogue plugin? using a 3rd party launcher?

ok goodlock is probably causing your issues. remove it and test?

4. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

The ones on the left disappear as you use them once even if it's multiple messages/notifications.
    HTH

#3 dontpanicbobby, May 8, 2020
    Last edited: May 8, 2020
  5. eugchen

eugchen Newbie

the thing is, i just installed good lock yesterday. but i think this was occuring before that.

i do have "AUTO OPTIMIZATION" set to run automatically in the middle of the night. wonder if that is causing any issues.

also i have bixby routines set to turn phone on airplane mode from 1am-8am to save battery life. could this have any issues?

6. marctronixx

auto optimization will kill processes. anything that kills background processes can be causing your issue.

7. eugchen

eugchen Newbie

i solved the problem it was weird. it was combination of running auto optimation WHILE on airplane mode. either on their own wouldnt cause the problem. but problem existed when both were running. thanks guys!

dontpanicbobby and marctronixx like this.
  8. Bodestone

Bodestone Android Enthusiast

Just in case anyone runs into similar and comes across this from search. I lost my notification icons by being a muppet.
    I set Dark notification icons while on Dark mode. Yeah, you see where that went.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 release date was August 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.3" inch screen, 12MP camera, 8GB RAM, Exynos 9825 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

August 2019
Release Date
Reviews