1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Status bar only

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Feliipe, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Feliipe

Feliipe Lurker

Dear All,

I'm sorry for making this my very first post in here, I also wonder if I posted this in the correct area :(

By the way... My LG P500h worked as a charm until I decided I had to install Ringnofade (this was just after I had rooted it with z4root and had installed Custom Recovery). Though I've not read carefully the Ringnofade instructions and it was intended to Gingerbread 2.3.3 users, I was Android 2.2.1. When it booted, I had no signal... I was so desperated I tried to format it in many ways, like wiping it all through Custom Recovery, formatting SD and another thing via some app I.. can't really remember, I'm so sorry... Anyway, when it booted after this all I had no desktop icons at all, a black screen, a status bar, no signal and that was all. I also had a "com.android.settings" stop error. After that, I tried to install an original firmware via Custom Recovery, and it just didn't do anything. It's like I don't have an Android installed, but I still can see the status bar and the boot logos and such. So, If someone could actually only say what happens like... "your phone has no x" or something like this, it would be nice, since I could target my issues better. I tried searching in the forums but I couldn't find a really good answer to this.. any clues? Did I brick it? :(

PS: I got its KDZ original file (I guess) via a method on LG website, that you have to input the Serial Number and such, so... should I try something with KDZ Updater? is it too risky?

Thank you all in advance, really.

Felipe

Advertisement

2. Feliipe

Feliipe Lurker

Just adding something, I'm a Mac and KDZ Updater and LG software don't run here.. :thinking: