1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Status icon doesn't appear!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scgoandroid, May 29, 2017.

1. scgoandroid

scgoandroid Lurker

Hi, can anyone tell me why when I activate NFC and GPS the status icon doesn't appear (on top)?

Galaxy S8
    Thanks.

#1 scgoandroid, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scgoandroid

scgoandroid Lurker

Thanks, the GPS is like you said, I Google it ;) but NFC don't appear as the setting is turned on, I can't find any information about my problem.

3. scgoandroid

scgoandroid Lurker

My smartphone are international (Portugal) free from carrier. And if any carrier suppress that or  another status icon it will be very strange. Thanks

4. suezoo

suezoo Lurker

Press the 4 squares in the upper right corner to activate NFC then it should appear on your status bar. I think you can drag the icon to the top of the list.

5. suezoo

suezoo Lurker

Settings-Notification Panel. Then configure however you like.

6. scgoandroid

scgoandroid Lurker

I have the NFC icon but when I activate NFC it will not appear on top where is battery icon, clock, etc. Thanks.

7. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I'm wondering, is the NFC antenna actually working or not? It is a real Galaxy S8 you've got there, and not a fake one? Where did you buy it? There are quite a few knock-off S8s around, and they have fake features that don't work.

8. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Moved your similar threads and replies to it, into one thread. Also removed your other 2 threads discussing the same topic.
    Please refrain from creating duplicate threads, thanks :)

lunatic59 and mikedt like this.
  9. scgoandroid

scgoandroid Lurker

NFC is working and my S8 is a legit one. Is a international one  free form carrier. Thanks.

10. scgoandroid

scgoandroid Lurker

U are right, my bad.

Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4/6GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews