• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Status icon doesn't appear!

The Location (GPS) icon will show up when you open any app that would need to access the location information. It will disappear when that app is closed. The NFC icon should appear instantly as this setting is turned on.
Thanks, the GPS is like you said, I Google it ;) but NFC don't appear as the setting is turned on, I can't find any information about my problem.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I have the NFC icon but when I activate NFC it will not appear on top where is battery icon, clock, etc. Thanks.

I'm wondering, is the NFC antenna actually working or not? It is a real Galaxy S8 you've got there, and not a fake one? Where did you buy it? There are quite a few knock-off S8s around, and they have fake features that don't work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones