• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Status indicators

This is good, because when you have it enabled, 3rd party apps can share your location without your knowledge. If you really don't want it up there, turn off the GPS when not needed. As for other indicators, some you can turn off such as Advanced Task Killer and most texting apps allow you to choose one.

Upvote 0
I would like to get rid of the GPS indicator. I think it's the two circles with the 4 lines extending out. I don't need to know when my phone is being pinged. Drives me crazy!

This is good, because when you have it enabled, 3rd party apps can share your location without your knowledge. If you really don't want it up there, turn off the GPS when not needed. As for other indicators, some you can turn off such as Advanced Task Killer and most texting apps allow you to choose one.

in all honesty i leave my GPS on at all times, 1 because i have lookout installed on it, and if its missing i can locate it using GPS, thats where i value from it, granted i dont leave my phone unattended very much, but things can happen and you get distracted and forget about it.

if you want to turn GPS off you can easily do that in the settings menu, under location.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones