• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Just a note to say hi, and to let peole know how impressed I am with android.
My story begins like this.....
A couple of years ago I owned a Nokia N71, I was amazed at how it performed, I didn't think I would ever switch from a Nokia handset. Then the fault happened, it started to switch itself off whenever it liked. Not having much money at the time, I inhereted my wifes old lg renoir, it was ok, but I didn't see myself as a touch screen type of guy. It was at this point my wife got an iphone 3 as her contract was up for renewel and I played about with it and was impressed with it's touch screen ability.
Roll on a few more months and the lg renoire bit the dust, what was I going to do?
I didn't have a spare phone and I needed one on a par with the contract I was on at the time, before checking contracts I was checking phones. It was a 2 horse race the htc desire or the samsung galaxy s i9000. I checked both phones with contract deals, at the time the galaxy s had a film and game promotion going on where I could get

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones