• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Steinheil fails...

You sure sound like one. They just underestimated the demand for them. As far as I know they don't have any actual numbers to go off of so it's all guess work. They won't produce anymore than they initially need. They did not practice "horrible business practice", they practiced the exact opposite. This hype and buzz you are talking about is not as big as you think. There have hardly been any commercials so anyone outside of the "tech" world would not know much about the device.

They produced an amount they thought was right, but the demand was too high. As of today they are back in stock with more so I see no harm or "failure" on their part.

Agree 100%.

They were smart. They produced a batch tested the waters and went back to produce more.

This phone has made no buzz anywhere but with real techy people like everyone on this forum. Other than that, no one knows what the hell an incredible is. It is sad but very very true.

Reactions: dibs ODDJOB
Upvote 0
I'm sorry, but if someone doesn't see this as poor business forecasting, then you probably don't know much about business. I could see if we were talking about 1,000 here, but we're not. We are talking 100 screen protectors.

While there weren't any ad campaigns or major marketing push, if you think a phone of this magnitude would only require an initial order of 100 screen protectors, then you are a poor forecaster. They probably sold 100 of these phones in one small city in the first day. If not more.

I know you will disagree and all of that good stuff, but this is my stance on it.

Upvote 0
I ordered from Clarivue last week on Thu, got the shipping notification on Fri, but I still haven't received them. I sent them an email last night asking about it, and they said "Regular delivery normally takes around 5 to 12 business days." I have no idea why regular delivery of a very small package would take that long but I guess I just have to wait it out now since I didn't opt for the faster shipping options.

Update: Well, I just got them today. I got the shipping notification last Fri, but the postal stamp shows it was mailed on the 12th.

Upvote 0
So I hear nothing but good things about the steinheil, but when i was looking for a screen protector they had nothing in stock so i went with the Ghost Armor. I got it within 3 days and paid 20$ including shipping for the full body protector. after 2 days it looks and feels really great and i'm very happy with my purchase.

Pros : looks slick; easy to put on; surprisingly smooth to the touch (still nowhere near as nice as glass though)

Cons : long term quality is questionable, reviews agree that ghost armor doesn't stay on very long (that could depend on care and attention to application); the back cover is almost a complete waste of time (size of the camera and shape of the back case renders it nearly useless)

Just throwing my 2c in just incase someone is looking for a fairly good screen protector, for the short term i intend on keeping it and ill probably get the steinheil later on.

Upvote 0
I fail to see how the company wronged anyone here.. if they had taken your money and run off with it that's one thing but other than that i don't see what the problem is. they underestimated demand and because of it they probably lost some customers but i haven't heard of anyone being cheated by them.

Upvote 0
I got my clear SPG screens yesterday and will install this weekend. To the Mods post, I will preface that I'm not "attacking" here, but I do feel the OP's thread title is very misleading. I clicked on the thread thinking he installed their product and it sucks or something. But to my chagrin, it's only a thread about complaining how the company didn't produce enough?? Am the only one that thinks who cares????

Sure I ordered mine last Monday, but even if they were out of order at the time, I wouldn't have posted something like this. Again, to each his own and their opinions here, but I just think this is a "bad" and misleading thread for anyone looking at their products..

Just my 2cents :)

Reactions: fade79
Upvote 0
Steinheil "fails" for another reason that has me a little worried. So I ordered the cover on Saturday, and everything went fine. I received an order confirmation immediately... for me and two other people. Today I received a shipping confirmation, for me and five other people. Obviously they need to do a little work on their ordering system.

Upvote 0
First off, this thread's title is annoyingly misleading.
Secondly, where is everyone getting 100 for the number of Steinheil's first run of Incredible protectors?
Annnd lastly, SGP's production capacity might just be lower than demand. Hell, their capacity utilization could be at 100% for all we know. As far as I know, nobody here works there.

Upvote 0
Steinheil "fails" for another reason that has me a little worried. So I ordered the cover on Saturday, and everything went fine. I received an order confirmation immediately... for me and two other people. Today I received a shipping confirmation, for me and five other people. Obviously they need to do a little work on their ordering system.

Same thing happened to me -- but my shipping confirmation did not include a confirmation for me! I emailed them three times (once via their gmail address and the other two times using their online contact form) and have yet to hear back from them. Apparently, customer service isn't their strong point.

I have no idea whether they will still send me the protector or whether I just financed protectors for other people. :-(

Upvote 0
Same thing happened to me -- but my shipping confirmation did not include a confirmation for me! I emailed them three times (once via their gmail address and the other two times using their online contact form) and have yet to hear back from them. Apparently, customer service isn't their strong point.

I have no idea whether they will still send me the protector or whether I just financed protectors for other people. :-(

I received an email that made it pretty evident they misunderstood me. They stated something along the lines of them not expecting fraud because I used my paypal account. I didn't use my paypal account, I used my debit card. I did, however, receive the cover and was only billed once, so I think the problem is simply with the email system.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones