• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Steinheil "free" bonus and my application tips-and-tricks...

Just installed mine today (first time) and I must say...thanks to all the posts and tips, I have a flawless install. It looks and feels great! I had one litle dust particle under the film in one corner and I simply used the bubble remover's edge to pop up the corner enough to use the Scotch maic tape on both the film and the screen. Once done, I simply let go of the corner while using the bubble remover and it worked perfect! No dust particle and no bubble. So, for those of you who had something stock under there, you can still easily fix it without taking the whole thing off. The Scotch magic tape method works like a charm! I am very happy with mine, you can't even tell it has anything on the screen.

Upvote 0
Got mine on yesterday. I've done a bunch of these over time and each time, I get a bit better. It can be tough for a novice.

I did it with the shower on. First time I got a little piece of lint in the middle of the screen, lifted up with tape, removed the lint with tape and then lowered it back down.

I got it nearly perfect except for 1 little piece of lint/small bubble, but it's all the way over to the right and it's off the visible screen part, so I figured I'd better just leave it and not make things worse.

For my last phone, I got some cheap ebay ones and they did scratch easily. I hope these are at least a little more scratch resistant.

Thanks for the tip on the camera lens cover. Are you all sure it's not affecting picture quality?

Upvote 0
Odd.. Have the people that posted having no hole film ordered there's more recently? I ordered my Clear ones from them the day they finally got them in stock, like 3 weeks ago now I guess. Mine has them on both sets.

FYI, I also put on mine last night and it's about 98% perfect. I have a bubble on the right edge of the optical button that hasn't gone away yet and a little piece not sticking on the very top/right corner of the phone. Still, 100% better than nothing!
I also put back on my VZW black silicone case and perfect. No pushing up the edges since it's recessed a couple mm's back from the edges.

I guess I don't know why people get all angry when their Steinheil or other brand clears get scratches on them? They are going to get them no matter what brand. And if the clear is "getting" the scratch, isn't that the whole point, as not the phone's screen itself?? :rolleyes:

Anways, so far I love the Steinheil Clear and highly recommend it! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones