• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Steinheil (SGP) Screen Protectors now available for the HTC Evo 3D

Awww bummer that you purchased a main screen protector already. You probably won't like this solution as much because of it. Go see this threads sister thread:
http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-3d...s-solution.html...........................you can justify the different expenses versus not covering the camera glass. :cool:

Thanks, I may still buy it and use the camera part. Now, do you alos know of anywhere I can get a phone protector similar to the IPhone ones I see people with? Its just a thin slim rubber type cover that fits snuggly around the phone, think it has some texture to it?

Reactions: PyroSporker
Upvote 0
Thanks, I may still buy it and use the camera part. Now, do you alos know of anywhere I can get a phone protector similar to the IPhone ones I see people with? Its just a thin slim rubber type cover that fits snuggly around the phone, think it has some texture to it?

A phone case? Or were you thinking like the iPhone "bumper"?
Sounds like a silicone case you are looking for. There are about a million different choices of silicone cases so it is kind of hard to peg down the exact one you are thinking of.
We have a great 11 page case thread going in our very own forums:
http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-3d/349849-lets-talk-cases-htc-evo-3d.html

It is very overwhelming so I'll give you the some of the highlights or popular brands:
  • Sprint stores carry a few cases from a few different places. They will have a silicone slim rubber case that will probably fit your needs. Easiest solution.

• Or you can check Amazon.com or Ebay for really cheap silicone case prices. Some people swear by their cheap ebay silicone cases (usually poorer quality in my opinion)

• Best Buy carries a few Seidio cases re-branded with a different name. They have thicker, but quality silicone cases, and a few hard plastic cases people seem to like. They also have a generic silicone/gel case that you might like.

• Otterbox has really great quality silicone cases. They are tough and some people swear by them. although you will pay a premium for their top of the line model.

• Ballistic has a nice thick tough looking case on the way. Probably chunkier than you are looking for, but cool too look at.

• There are even some hard cases with kickstands built into them HTCpedia Shop

Hope this helps a bit. Further case talk should probably go over in the dreaded case thread. With a few more details we can probably find the exact case you are looking for.
I'm happy without a case, but everyone has different needs.

Upvote 0
I had Zagg on my Palm Pre for 2 years and was very happy with it. I'm somewhat unhappy with my Zagg for my Evo3D however. It's constantly smudged and nearly impossible to clean without a moistened cloth. I'm considering looking for another solution.

Two problems:
1.) I don't know how to remove my Zagg without damaging the glass.
2.) I don't know how to install these screen protectors myself.

Any advice? A rear-camera protector would be nice too.

If I could do it all over again, I would not get an OtterBox or a Zagg. I'd probably go with a TPU case & a more smudge-proof screen protector. Now that I've dropped $60 on my OtterBox & Zagg I'd feel stupid to stop using them & I can't get my money back. I had to save 12 months to afford my Evo3D+ Accessories so I don't have a lot of money to throw around. So.... ohh well...

Maybe for Christmas I'll ask my Wife for a new case and screen protector. =)

Reactions: PyroSporker
Upvote 0
Two problems:
1.) I don't know how to remove my Zagg without damaging the glass.
2.) I don't know how to install these screen protectors myself.

Any advice? A rear-camera protector would be nice too.

If I could do it all over again, I would not get an OtterBox or a Zagg. I'd probably go with a TPU case & a more smudge-proof screen protector. Now that I've dropped $60 on my OtterBox & Zagg I'd feel stupid to stop using them & I can't get my money back. I had to save 12 months to afford my Evo3D+ Accessories so I don't have a lot of money to throw around. So.... ohh well...

It is just one of those live and learn type of deals. Hindsight is 20/20.
Zagg should lift off with a piece of scotch tape. Stick it to one of the corners well and try to lift it off. I've never used Zagg before though based on review, so you might have better luck in the Zagg thread.

SGP's Anti-Fingerprint material is about the best you will find that I know of (boxwave and powersupport are good too I hear), but you will sacrifice the clarity of the screen to a degree. I'm going to bug SGP again about the Ultra Optics material for the Evo 3D and see where they are at with it. You should too. The more people that inquire about it the more likely they will produce it.

Upvote 0
The half inch depth of my Seidio extended battery case - from the lenses to the top of the case, serves as my camera screen protector. Unless something gets lodged inside that relatively small space by some miracle and proves me wrong, I don't foresee myself buying any more added protection for my device. Not only that, but oily fingerprints might corrode the film over time, reducing picture clarity. So I'd rather take my chances and go all natural...

Upvote 0
I'm going to bug SGP again about the Ultra Optics material for the Evo 3D and see where they are at with it. You should too. The more people that inquire about it the more likely they will produce it.

...I need to find the right screen protector. I'm looking for an anti-smudge protector because I have extremely oily skin due to a medical condition I have. I hear all of them reduce screen clarity & color though =(

Received word back about the Ultra Optics (quickest response I've ever gotten from them):

"Thank you for contacting SGPstore.com Customer Service Department.

Hi, my name is Peter from SGPstore.com.
We do have a plan of making Ultra Optics screen protector for HTC EVO 3D, but we do not know the estimate time of arrival for this product at this moment.

Please check our website time to time for future update.

Thank you.
Best regards,
======
SGP - Stylish People's Good Partner
======
Customer Service Representative,
- Peter Kim"

So the answer I received before was a bit up in the air, but this email tells me it is more likely to happen for sure. Also the fact that their website has sold all of the Anti-Fingerprint Protectors for the Evo 3D and there are only a couple left on their Amazon.com store is showing that they are selling down their stock first and then probably going to restock with the Ultra Optics instead! I'm guessing it will be for sale in the next few weeks if you can endure Zagg that long.

It is Anti-Fingerprint but it has better clarity, though still a slight haze. I find it to be in the range of withstandability, and I'm a tough sale. Check out my full review of it in the original post under the show button, and if you google the product or search youtube you can get more reviews.
There is still some trade offs, like the clarity and texture and "zip" sound. Oils will still collect after a certain amount of time no matter what, but you may find that it is the screen protector for you?

Upvote 0
Received word back about the Ultra Optics (quickest response I've ever gotten from them):

"Thank you for contacting SGPstore.com Customer Service Department.

Hi, my name is Peter from SGPstore.com.
We do have a plan of making Ultra Optics screen protector for HTC EVO 3D, but we do not know the estimate time of arrival for this product at this moment.

Please check our website time to time for future update.

Thank you.
Best regards,
======
SGP - Stylish People's Good Partner
======
Customer Service Representative,
- Peter Kim"

So the answer I received before was a bit up in the air, but this email tells me it is more likely to happen for sure. Also the fact that their website has sold all of the Anti-Fingerprint Protectors for the Evo 3D and there are only a couple left on their Amazon.com store is showing that they are selling down their stock first and then probably going to restock with the Ultra Optics instead! I'm guessing it will be for sale in the next few weeks if you can endure Zagg that long.

It is Anti-Fingerprint but it has better clarity, though still a slight haze. I find it to be in the range of withstandability, and I'm a tough sale. Check out my full review of it in the original post under the show button, and if you google the product or search youtube you can get more reviews.
There is still some trade offs, like the clarity and texture and "zip" sound. Oils will still collect after a certain amount of time no matter what, but you may find that it is the screen protector for you?

Well it looks like SGP has led me on. They have said it will be made, then they say it maybe will be made, now they say they are not sure it will be made at all. Seems that now they are not going to be producing Ultra Optics screen protectors for the Evo 3D. What a terrible shame.

"Dear [removed],
We did not hear anything from our manufacturer about Ultra Optics for EVO 3D, and I am not sure if they will even come out with the product.

Please email us if you have any other question.

Thank you.
Peter"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones