1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Steinhell ultra & boxwave & Zaggs

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ericsch333, Aug 12, 2010.

1. ericsch333

ericsch333 Well-Known Member

I order all 3 and I have read the reviews and I think I am just going to put the one that arrives first. I am so confused I have not had a a lot of experience with screen protectors and I bought the zaggs because of one reviews then I read the review on the Steinhell and said well that easy to install and bought that one, then i read a review on the boxwave and ordered it but it was backordered and forgot about it. Then toady I get an emails that all 3 have shipped. What am I supposed to do ????

2. buxleyp

buxleyp Member

I have hands-on experience with all three you mentioned (actually more) on the X and previous devices (phones, cameras, PDAs). I've used boxwave, zagg, bse, ghost armor, and a few others. I pocket my phone (by itself, no keys), but I play a lot of sand volleyball, so I always worry about sand scratching the screen.

With my Droid X, I started with ghost armor on the screen, but I recently replaced it with the Steinheil ultra crystal. I was unhappy with how the GA dried, and the slight imperfections on the surface of the GA (in my experience Zagg is worse and looks like orange peel).

I still think ghost armor is more durable, especially for a full body coverage. However, ghost armor, zagg, and BSE are applied wet, so if you're a first-time user, you may have some trepidation.

IMHO, Steinheil is the best out of all them. Easy to apply and crystal clear screen. I would go with the Steinheil and return the others.

ericsch333 likes this.
  3. ericsch333

Well I install the Steinhell and wow!! It was not as hard as people say if you take you time.

Attached Files:

4. sparky07

sparky07 Well-Known Member

I'm using the Steinheil too and it looks great.

What wallpaper are you using? Looks cool

5. NoShineMM

NoShineMM Well-Known Member

im just worried. i see to always get friggin bubbles in protectors. its really that easy with sgp? i already have few small knicks on the screen and i worry about more. Sucks i thought i didn't need em.

6. ericsch333

The background is a pool, I got it from the Background app. The Stein was as easy to put on as the verizon and bubbles where easy removed I really didn't have any it want on really flat.

7. buxleyp

buxleyp Member

Work slowly and methodically and follow the tips in this thread:
    http://androidforums.com/accessorie...-crystal-screen-protector-install-review.html

Steinheil includes a squeegee to push out any bubbles, but if you apply the protector carefully, you may not even need to use the squeegee.

8. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Android Expert

Very happy with my Steinheil Ultra Crystal - no need to try any others....

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews