• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

step by step instructions for free airave

I know people have posted these things before but i want to confirm that it still works and clarify how i did it

call sprint. get a live person on, tell them you were just on the line with retentions but got disconnected, they'll forward you right away. otherwise they will ask why you want it, possibly forward you to tech support, etc.

first they'll ask you if you've called about problems in the past. say yes but you were disconnected.

tell them you love the sprint service but you get dropped calls, but only in your home and would hate to have to move services but have no option if nothing can be done.

at this point the fee for the airave and the monthly fee were waived; if they only drop one or the other, make a fuss and i'm sure they'll drop both.

if you want free overnight shipping, ask if you can pick it up in your local store because you'd really like this fixed ASAP. they don't let you do that, but they will then ship it overnight all for free :)

Reactions: Mikey P
I am another for whom this worked fine. Part of my ploy was to play dumb and not to mention the Airave. I just led with how much I like Sprint, how their fees are so much better than the other carriers, how great the reception is at my office, but how dismal it is at my house.

The one question you may get is, "Why didn't you leave during the 30 day trial period which is to give you a chance to test coverage?"

I said that I went to the store to complain during that period and was told by an employee that there would be a software release which would improve coverage issued shortly, so I decided to wait. (You could also go with the store employee said a new tower was going to be built). Since Sprint apparently knows that their store employees say anything without any facts, this is eminently believable.

At this point, the retention guy was telling me about an Airave and why I would like it. (Me: "Like a cell tower at my house? Really? Does it go on the roof? Our homeowner's association doesn't permit antennas.") He was practically begging me to have one for free which he'd ship overnight.

Sprint works from canned telemarketing scripts, no reason we shouldn't also.

Upvote 0
I just told Sprint, I cannot make any calls inside my house. I don't mind going outside during the summer, but no way during the winter times. I called them and told them about the airrave. I also did this within my 30 days and told them unless something is done, I'm leaving Sprint. You don't have to lie to Sprint just be honest and bold and tell them the facts.

Upvote 0
Pretty sure just Sprint phones - and you can create a list of Sprint #'s that can use it (otherwise any Sprint phone w/in range would connect thru your Airave).

I have had an Airave for awhile - looks like there is a newer model available - anyone successful in getting a free upgrade?

My Airave worked very well until recently - not so good now and no recent changes to my home network. I was wondering if the newer model might provide an improvement.

--travis

Upvote 0
Darn. Just got off the phone with Sprint and am getting my free airrave, but not overnighted. I didn't see this thread till now. Well, I guess its free, so no complaints here. I'll just wait the week.

So does it work for all cell carriers, or just Sprint phones?

Got a letter in the mail (post card style/size) saying that this is now on backorder and may take 30 days, even though a couple days ago I had emailed them to check on the status and they had said it was ordered on 10/18.

I called a couple local sprint stores and they told me they don't carry them and that I can only get it through sprint customer service.

Sigh...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones