• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Step by Step Rooting Instructions: for Huawei Ascend

WTG etrok!!! Proud of you! :)

I keep mine set at 600mhz max and 245mhz min ondemand.

haha thanks;)

but with the settings at that, my phone doesnt seem to have any performance upgrade.

now, the only bloat i have taken off so far is uno and midnight bowling. i am not sure what all i want to get rid of for sure so still thinking there. but, i thought the overclock would have me noticing more but not yet.

Upvote 0
what apps can i get reaid of i have Cricket Ascend M860 need help

Hi AVSR! Congrats on rooting your Ascend! Here is a list put together by Joser of apps you can safely delete:

For Cricket users:

Storefront
Myaccount
Mybackup(Google already saves ur contact in your google account)
Cricket Mobile Browser
Poynt
Documents To Go(can be downloaded again from Market)
Photobucket
UNO
Midnight Bowling

Note: Do not delete anything with google in it. Example: Google Talk, Google Mail, Gmail etc.

Upvote 0
I rooted my phone! thanks Jazz! It was easy. Only thing is I stop at adding set cpu .. I wasnt aware it wasnt free. Are there any free apps that work just as well or is setcpu get the best bang for the buck?

Congrats Brinasia! Thanks for sharing your success with us here at the Forum.

As for other CPU setting apps. I know of only one free one and I haven't used it but it does have 5 stars:

CPU Super

Available at the market. Let me know how it works for you? We keep ours set at 600Mhz max and around 245Mhz min (ondemand).

Good job and good luck!

:)

Upvote 0
I have been a busy girl since my last post. I have downloaded cpuboost (i have no idea what to do with it) Go Launcher(yet again have no idea what to do with it) juice defender and dolphin browser..I have no idea what to go or how to set any of these programs!!!;-) But i am willing to learn. Im going to search the forum for eac and see what i come up with.:)

Upvote 0
I'm trying to get this whole rooting thing started, but I can't get past the first few steps. Whenever I try to download that z4root file, it says I don't have enough space. I've tried using the Dolphin Mini Browser, and I've uninstalled every application I have, except the Market updates :/

Are you saying that you uninstalled the stock applications that came with your phone? :thinking:

Also, who is your carrier? MetroPCS or Cricket?

(Sorry to hear you are having problems!)

Upvote 0
I have been a busy girl since my last post. I have downloaded cpuboost (i have no idea what to do with it) Go Launcher(yet again have no idea what to do with it) juice defender and dolphin browser..I have no idea what to go or how to set any of these programs!!!;-) But i am willing to learn. Im going to search the forum for eac and see what i come up with.:)

What you do now is open up these apps one at a time. I would begin with:

GO Launcher

Open it and then enable it. You should see a change in the way your home screen looks. If you don't, re-boot (turn off and turn back on) your phone. Then press menu and preferences and select the settings you want. You will have to experiment with it a bit before you get it the way you want.

I don't have GO Launcher. I have LauncherPro so I can't help you with those.

Juice Defender

Basically you just open it up and it will show in green that it is 'enabled'. It also gives you the opportunity to get Ultimate Juice (paid for app) that boosts JD. It's up to you. But when you have JD enabled it runs all the time and you will have a little icon up at the top left in your notification bar that it is working.

CPUBoost

Sorry I am not familiar with this app, however, again you open it up and you want to set it so that the settings are at 600Mhz max and the minimum will be around 245 (approx). It will perform a search and then you just set it to that. Check the box that says "set on boot" if available.

I have mine set 'on demand'. I would imagine that CPU Boost has that option as well.

You can't hurt it so don't worry. Just play with the settings until it shows up as I have basically described.

Dolphin Browser

This is just an extra browser that you can use to download things that your stock browser won't always allow from the internet. If you try to download an app (for example) and the download is unsuccessful, try with you Dolphin. Then go into File Manager and click on the SD icon (top right) find it in your SD card and open it up.

I hope this helps!

Upvote 0
No no, I uninstalled the applications I've gotten since getting my phone. I'm with Cricket.
It was saying that there wasn't enough space, so I thought deleting some applications would free up some space, but it hasn't helped at all.

Did you try re-booting and where are you trying to download the app from and how?

Upvote 0
Rebooting seems to have worked :D I'll let you know how the rest of the process goes once I get through it all, thanks for the tip!

Good deal! Be sure to backup any apps first before you uninstall them. Also, right now there is some question as to how easy it is to restore them so until we may the appropriate modification to the first post on this thread, it would be best to 'freeze' the apps instead of uninstalling them. You can more easily 'defrost' them.

Upvote 0
A quick question, and I'll edit this post with any further questions so as not to spam the thread up.

Should the free version of Titanium Backup get rid of all the bloatware? Or am I gonna need to get the pro version?

The free will do it just fine! :) Just be sure to click allow when prompted to give it permissions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones