1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Steps Into Rooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by _Jay, Jun 1, 2011.

1. _Jay

_Jay Lurker
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    Hey guys,

I've had a look at MIUI and would like to try out the speed, and having a new UI but also being able to move my apps to my SD card, a few questions really:

Can I revert back to group my stock UI if I want too?

Are there better ROMS out there other than MIUI

I've read the noobs guide 3 times but want to clarify that the guides for rooting are 99% safe but of course its always a 1% risk

What do i need to do before doing anything root back up get a restore Rom what's need in a nut shell so I can make a list and gather

From what I know I'm using the slcd type screen I got the phone just over a month ago, I'm on froyo any other details just ask

Basically whats needed to do the root with minimal safety and how to make sure if I wish to restore to stock is it safe sorry for the fact theres alot of threads but id rather ask the various gurus and experts with experience to get my answers, also sorry if I dont reply straight away all the time please be patient guys

Thanks,

Jay

Advertisement

2. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    Hi and welcome,

If you look in the sticky thread at the top of this forum:

http://androidforums.com/desire-all...e-root-faq-guide-updated-may-30th-2011-a.html

There is a rooting FAQ and Rooting Guide. Also there is an apps2sd+ FAQ.

Theres always a risk things can go wrong, but if you have made a goldcard and downloaded the correct RUU for your device, it should almost always be recoverable.

I would recommend reading through the 3 articles I wrote initially (a few times if you can) just to get your head around the whole rooting scene, processes and what is available.

We will happily answer any questions you have and we do like people who ask questions :)

thebillington likes this.
Tags: