• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Steps on How to Create Contact Group List.

itsallgood

Android Expert
Jan 27, 2011
Someone in the general android fourms asked this question and I thought to share it with you guys here. I am using the stock contact app, using Handcent SMS and Gmail.

To create a group select the contact icon> menu> display group> create new group. (You will see other groups you create, in this popup window as well, to edit or delete.) Name your group, then select the add button. From there, select the names and select done.

Note: You will only see your groups under the "display group" button. (Haven't figured out how to create a short cut for the home screen.)

For texting in Handcent, using one of the groups you created, launch Handcent> create new message> select the "+" symbol in the to field> group tab> then your group to text. If your contact has more then one phone number, you will be prompt to select the correct one> select end and compose your message.

For e-mail using Gmail, launch Gmail app> select compose new email> select the "+" in the "to" field> select the "down arrow" at the top of the screen or menu> display group and select your group. You will see your list of contacts and have to select each one in the list to include, in the email.

I hope this was helpful to you all.

Reactions: MikeAusA and jn233

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones