1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Steps to take to backup internal SD card?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jackroo, Dec 10, 2013.

1. jackroo

jackroo Android Enthusiast

I've tried Googling about backing up stuff but I haven't come across the specific info I'm looking for.

I have a rooted 16gb S3 running the latest nightly KitKat CM 11. I've flashed other ROMs and I feel like all the cache and stuff has taken up space (down to 7gb and I don't have many apps, music or pics). I want to completely wipe the phone. I have my PC so I can back up all my stuff including the OS but I want to know exactly HOW I can back up all my stuff. I don't have an external SD card, just an internal one. Like I said, I've Googled, searched and tried to find exactly how to do this but all I find is backup apps like Titanium, Helium etc. Thanks for any help you all provide!!

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Couldnt you just backup to titanium then move the backup file to your pc or dropbox etc mate? Pics, i dont know how to back them up, same as music but surely they can just be moved to the pc?
    Then just factory reset then restore your stuff :beer:

3. jackroo

Can I backup the actual OS? I have titanium backup installed but it's been acting a little weird.
    It also says my SU binary is functional but I may experience some problems??? I updated to the most recent CWM

4. funkylogik

Titanium says that to me lol i just checked the "dont show again" box :D
    No point backing up the OS bro, a factory reset wont touch that part of the phone anyway. Just the user part which is probably whats messy on yours.
    Just flashing a rom wipes the system part first automatically so that should be nice n clean :thumbup:

jackroo likes this.
  5. funkylogik

Ps have you enabled root in dev options in cm11? Also you might need to update superSU, I can upload the update zip if u want :thumbup:

jackroo likes this.
  6. jackroo

Thank you funky but I just ended up doing a full factory reset and wiping everything and I'm back to over 11gb of free space :) cheers mate!

7. funkylogik

Cool mate. Does it make any difference to speed?
    I just like the feeling of having all that free space lol :beer:

8. jackroo

Phone is a lot faster for sure! I definitely needed to do a full wipe. :thumbup:

funkylogik likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews