• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Steps to take to backup internal SD card?

jackroo

Android Enthusiast
Aug 5, 2012
I've tried Googling about backing up stuff but I haven't come across the specific info I'm looking for.

I have a rooted 16gb S3 running the latest nightly KitKat CM 11. I've flashed other ROMs and I feel like all the cache and stuff has taken up space (down to 7gb and I don't have many apps, music or pics). I want to completely wipe the phone. I have my PC so I can back up all my stuff including the OS but I want to know exactly HOW I can back up all my stuff. I don't have an external SD card, just an internal one. Like I said, I've Googled, searched and tried to find exactly how to do this but all I find is backup apps like Titanium, Helium etc. Thanks for any help you all provide!!

Couldnt you just backup to titanium then move the backup file to your pc or dropbox etc mate? Pics, i dont know how to back them up, same as music but surely they can just be moved to the pc?
Then just factory reset then restore your stuff :beer:

Can I backup the actual OS? I have titanium backup installed but it's been acting a little weird.
It also says my SU binary is functional but I may experience some problems??? I updated to the most recent CWM

Upvote 0
Titanium says that to me lol i just checked the "dont show again" box :D
No point backing up the OS bro, a factory reset wont touch that part of the phone anyway. Just the user part which is probably whats messy on yours.
Just flashing a rom wipes the system part first automatically so that should be nice n clean :thumbup:

Reactions: jackroo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones