• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stereo Audio Jack Issues. Please help!

I've been having issues with the sound that comes out of the stereo audio jack on my Incredible. I hear a crackle or static noise every so often when listening to anything on my phone when using the audio jack. I get this when I use my ear phones and when I plug it into my car. I've searched on forums for a while to see if anyone else has had this problem but I haven't seen anything. Does anyone have any ideas on what my problem are? Is it software or hardware?

Try cleaning the plugs that you are using i.e. your headphone plug with a pencil eraser to insure it is not just from a dirty connection. If that doesn't help then the audio jack itself might have a problem. Contact cleaner will help that but make sure it is safe on plastics as some are not in case you miss the hole.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones