1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Stereo Audio Jack Issues. Please help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FilBrian, Jul 5, 2010.

1. FilBrian

FilBrian Member

May 16, 2010
    Detroit Area
    I've been having issues with the sound that comes out of the stereo audio jack on my Incredible. I hear a crackle or static noise every so often when listening to anything on my phone when using the audio jack. I get this when I use my ear phones and when I plug it into my car. I've searched on forums for a while to see if anyone else has had this problem but I haven't seen anything. Does anyone have any ideas on what my problem are? Is it software or hardware?

Advertisement

2. dt39

dt39 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    I have this issue on my Desire it's the power from the car in my case pull mini usb cable out and mines is clear as a bell.
    Cheers
    Dean

3. FilBrian

FilBrian Member

May 16, 2010
    Detroit Area
    I get some feed back too when I have it charging but I have the crackle sound anytime the audio jack is used.

4. windycity

windycity Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Quality
    Chicagoland
    Seems like it could be a hardware issue. I'd take it in to Verizon and have it looked at.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

5. xmBill

xmBill Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Try cleaning the plugs that you are using i.e. your headphone plug with a pencil eraser to insure it is not just from a dirty connection. If that doesn't help then the audio jack itself might have a problem. Contact cleaner will help that but make sure it is safe on plastics as some are not in case you miss the hole.