1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Stereo cable with mic for car?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tmar89, Sep 24, 2010.

1. tmar89

tmar89 Active Member

May 13, 2010
    Whitehall, PA
    I am able to connect my Fascinate to the Aux input of my car stereo but when I make a call with the cable still connected, the internal microphone doesn't work. I have to disconnect the stereo cable and put the phone on speaker.

Ideally, I want to be able to keep the stereo cable connected and hear the person over the radio, and be able to talk. Is there a stereo cable with a microphone built into it that can be used for this purpose? I had one for my HTC device (Amazon.com: Handsfree Stereo Headset Headphones + Microphone + 3.5mm Adapter Converter + Car Home Charger Plug Port For All HTC Phone Smartphone PDA: Cell Phones & Service) that worked very well, but it would only push mono to the stereo.

My car doesn't have bluetooth so I can't go that route. What's my best option here so I can play music in my car and make handsfree calls without bluetooth?

EDIT: Found this on Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Cellet-3-5mm-Stereo-Microphone-Switch/dp/B003AOS1QI/ref=reg_hu-wl_item-added Thoughts?

Advertisement

2. namlee78

namlee78 Well-Known Member

May 4, 2010
  3. summerfish

summerfish Well-Known Member

Verizon used to carry the adapter you're needing. I was just thinking about it today actually lol. But what you've found will work.

4. fluffyfrogg

fluffyfrogg Member

Sep 15, 2010