1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Stereo's that are Android Ready/Compatible

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by flybub, Sep 26, 2011.

1. flybub

flybub Lurker
    None

Nov 27, 2010
    Hey all, I've been an Android user for a year but I'm new to Android Forums. I'm due for an upgrade on Verizon I'm just waiting to see what gets announced this fall. Right now I have an HTC Incredible that has been rock solid for me and could easily last me another year. But my question is this: could we ever see car stereo's and surround sound systems that are Android ready like they are with iPod/iPhone ready? I am debating jumping to the next iPhone because of these features. I am a huge music guy and it's nice to plug my iPod touch into my surround system and have it play anywhere in the house. No configuring just plug n play. Same with the stereo in my truck. Will we see anything like this for Android or are the phone manufacturers too different (port wise)? I know there are some out there with desktop docks but I'm looking for something more on an entertainment system scale.

Advertisement

2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    Welcome to Android Forums!

Yes you will see these in the future. Google has announced a standard interface in future devices that will be like the iPod interface, to deliver / control audio / video. If you use bluetooth, you may be able to use that interface to play via Android...although I have not done so.

If you want something more immediate, iOS is your only choice right now.