• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Steve Job's didn't have to die???? (Sad)

Unfortunately I suspect that this Harvard doctor may be guilty of a bit of "Monday morning quarterbacking". While it's likely that early surgery might have saved Steve Jobs life, it is not a guarantee that it would have saved his life. No doctor can make that type of guarantee.

Steve Jobs chose his own path... it was his right and his perogative. And nothing we can do or say can now change that reality.

Upvote 0
I just feel the surgery would have given him more time. Everyone that I have read about who has had pancreatic cancer,eventually passed away.

Not so. That's the thing. He had a very rare, extremely slow growing form of pancreatic that is 100 percent curable. He just waited so long that it had already spread. It was too late. They say this cancer is 100 percent curable.
My mom passed away from pancreatic cancer. His was NOT the same type.

"Health issues
In October 2003, Jobs was diagnosed with cancer,[113] and in mid-2004 he announced to his employees that he had a cancerous tumor in his pancreas.[114] The prognosis for pancreatic cancer is usually very poor;[115] Jobs stated that he had a rare, far less aggressive type known as islet cell neuroendocrine tumor.[114] Despite his diagnosis, Jobs resisted his doctors' recommendations for mainstream medical intervention for nine months,[6] instead consuming a special alternative medicine diet in an attempt to thwart the disease. According to Harvard researcher Dr. Ramzi Amir, his choice of alternative treatment "led to an unnecessarily early death".[113] According to Jobs's biographer, Walter Isaacson, "for nine months he refused to undergo surgery for his pancreatic cancer -- a decision he later regretted as his health declined."[116] "Instead, he tried a vegan diet, acupuncture, herbal remedies and other treatments he found online, and even consulted a psychic. He also was influenced by a doctor who ran a clinic that advised juice fasts, bowel cleansings and other unproven approaches, before finally having surgery in July 2004."[117] He eventually underwent a pancreaticoduodenectomy (or "Whipple procedure") in July 2004 that appeared to successfully remove the tumor.[118][119][120] Jobs apparently did not receive chemotherapy or radiation therapy.[114][121] During Jobs's absence, Tim Cook, head of worldwide sales and operations at Apple, ran the company.[114]"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones