• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Stickier backshell

Yeah, I agree, it is slick and I hate a bulky case.
Not sure about a replacement back piece, and I know you said you don't like a full case, but something worth considering is this cover if you don't find what you are looking for. Minimal, does not add hardly any bulk, easier to grip the phone:)
(I'm using it in conjunction with a belt clip)

Upvote 0
Just got my G3, like it so far. However, the back cover is so smooth and slick, easy to drop.
Are there any replacement back pieces that are a bit tackier than stock?
I'd rather not go full case, don't really care for them.
Thanks in advance.

Good question! ;)
I remember the G2 had the same problem (about the only knock I had on that phone).
Have you thought about sand-blasting?
Can't say I've ever sand-blasted plastic before,but,I'd say it's worth a shot.
Worse-case scenario,a replacement battery cover can be found quite easily on AMAZON on e-Bay.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Almost forgot:
Body skins add a grippier feel to the back of a phone,I use them on metal/HTC devices,but,they make 'em for just about any phone:
http://www.xtremeguard.com/LG-G3-Screen-Protectors-p/lg-g3-screen-protector.htm#.VRiIv_zF9vA

LG G3 Screen Protector
clear1x1.gif

*Free install kit ships with the purchase of a Full Body protector.
Limit 1 Free kit per order. Additional install kits can be purchased HERE

clear1x1.gif

clear1x1.gif

Price: $7.99

Currently has a 75% off coupon code:
75off at checkout

clear1x1.gif

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Good question! ;)
I remember the G2 had the same problem (about the only knock I had on that phone).
Have you thought about sand-blasting?
Can't say I've ever sand-blasted plastic before,but,I'd say it's worth a shot.
Worse-case scenario,a replacement battery cover can be found quite easily on AMAZON on e-Bay.
Hmmm, interesting!
Made me think about Plasti-Dipping it! If you don't like it, peel it off!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones