1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root sticking with what works

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thehulk20, Feb 19, 2011.

1. thehulk20

thehulk20 Member

right now i have apex 1.3. tried all the other ones prior to 1.4 being released. not to mention, i have my X set up exactly the way i want it.

this may sound like a really strange question, but, is it a "sin" not to upgrade to 1.4 or another rom? i understand each new verision has something new and possibly better, but is an upgrade necessary?

thus far, 1.3 has been great with no problems at all. i am finally getting the hang of rooting, flashing, etc. although, i am having problems with terminal emulator (i will do my searches).

Advertisement

2. Raptor912

Raptor912 Android Enthusiast

No sin, use what works for you and your good to go!

I have trouble keeping a particular ROM on my phone for more that a week at a time; no matter how good it is running, but that is just me...:)

3. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

no, its all personal choice, if you like 1.3 then i think you should stay on 1.3

its your phone so its your choice to choose what you do to it ^_^

4. thehulk20

thehulk20 Member

thanks. peer pressure is such a bit**.

5. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert

yeah man I know what you mean. When I was running fission back in the day. I wanted to stick with one of the outdated releases. I did for a while but then theme support slowly dwindled and the 'ROM itch' was flaming up lol so I gave in and upgraded. But yeah there is no reason to change if you like where you are and there isn't anything wrong with where you are.