• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories [Sticky Request]Screen Protectors: The Definitive Guide with Pics

k.electron

Apr 12, 2010
Burlington, MA
Moderator Request: Please Sticky this.

Public Request: Please only post replies with pictures of screen protectors that you have applied to the droid incredible.
Please refrain from posting unless you are putting up images of the screen protected phone.

There is a lot of discussion about screen protectors and threads all over the place. Many of us are confused which screen protector is the best and many have ended up buying what we don't want, like me for instance. I hope to consolidate pictures here so that we can all know what protectors will look like and help others.

This Review: Phantom Skinz Matte Finish

I got the Phantom Skinz "matte finish" and here is a mini review with pictures.

Application: A little tricky with the whole dipping in water and applying.
Adhesive: Top notch, as if its part of the phone.
Clarity: Very poor, speckles the screen a lot.
Cost: $15ish for the full body from amazon.
Anti Glare: Pretty good, almost no reflection.

Here are the images:
1050006.jpg

1050008.jpg

1050009.jpg

1050011r.jpg

1050012.jpg

As you can see, it makes the screen pretty grainy, but sticks fantastically and does not bother the VZW silicone case.

BoxWave ClearTouch Crystal. My preferred screen protector.

Application: Best in a steamy bathroom
Adhesive: Static. Easy to remove and re-apply
Clarity: Crystal Clear 99% clarity
Cost: $12.95 screen only
Anti Glare: This protector has no anti-glare properties

PICTURES TO COME

Attachments

• 100_4352.JPG
    100_4352.JPG
    600.8 KB · Views: 183
  • 100_4358.JPG
    100_4358.JPG
    641.4 KB · Views: 177
  • 100_4372 (2).jpg
    100_4372 (2).jpg
    112 KB · Views: 228
Upvote 0
This thread has been moved to the Accessories section where it should have been created to begin with. The sticky status will be determined once it's clear whether there is general interest in this thread and its contents.

:thinking:

Pretty sure we didn't have an Accessories section when this thread was created...

Anyways, thanks for the pics to those who have contributed. I'm leaning towards the Boxwave as it seems to have the best combo of clarity, ease of application and feel.

Upvote 0
:thinking:

Pretty sure we didn't have an Accessories section when this thread was created...

Anyways, thanks for the pics to those who have contributed. I'm leaning towards the Boxwave as it seems to have the best combo of clarity, ease of application and feel.

Post pics. Wanna see more pics of the protectors. possibly w/ tips on how you gys are getting them on so good!!

Upvote 0
Moderator Request: Please Sticky this.

Public Request: Please only post replies with pictures of screen protectors that you have applied to the droid incredible.
Please refrain from posting unless you are putting up images of the screen protected phone.

There is a lot of discussion about screen protectors and threads all over the place. Many of us are confused which screen protector is the best and many have ended up buying what we don't want, like me for instance. I hope to consolidate pictures here so that we can all know what protectors will look like and help others.

This Review: Phantom Skinz Matte Finish

I got the Phantom Skinz "matte finish" and here is a mini review with pictures.

Application: A little tricky with the whole dipping in water and applying.
Adhesive: Top notch, as if its part of the phone.
Clarity: Very poor, speckles the screen a lot.
Cost: $15ish for the full body from amazon.
Anti Glare: Pretty good, almost no reflection.

Here are the images:
1050006.jpg

1050008.jpg

1050009.jpg

1050011r.jpg

1050012.jpg

As you can see, it makes the screen pretty grainy, but sticks fantastically and does not bother the VZW silicone case.

bump, i think this is a very informative thread and it deserves more attention.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones