• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Still a few more basic questions please

seagraves

Lurker
Dec 24, 2009
I have searched on here a little and went through the tips and tricks.
I have a few questions maybe someone can help with.

Thanks to all those helping by the way ;)
Can I move a preinstalled icon from the home screen to anywhere else?
How to call a speed dial number
can I make my font bigger?
can I set a backlight?
On my blackberry I always deleted the cache and cookies ect. Do I do that to the eris as well? If so how?

thanks again

In the first message of the tips & tricks sticky there is a link to the full Eris manual, you'll want to go download that, it will answer many of your questions.

1) Yes, press and hold the icon until it vibrates, at that point you can drag it to a different screen (or into the trash, which removes it from the screen, but does not delete the app from your phone)

2) In People, there is a place to set up a speed dial. See the manual for more details if that doesn't give you enough info.

3) Don't know the answer to that one.

4) Not sure about the question on this one. If you're wanting to change the intensity, that's under settings. You'll also want to review the 'battery' sticky for a way to disable auto-backlight.

5) Under settings/applications/manage applications. Give it a few minutes to load all the data, then you can clear caches for each program there. Take note of which programs use the most cache and you'll figure out which ones you should be clearing regularly.

Upvote 0
I have searched on here a little and went through the tips and tricks.
I have a few questions maybe someone can help with.

Thanks to all those helping by the way ;)
Can I move a preinstalled icon from the home screen to anywhere else?
How to call a speed dial number
can I make my font bigger?
can I set a backlight?
On my blackberry I always deleted the cache and cookies ect. Do I do that to the eris as well? If so how?

thanks again

I think mhotovec got all but number 3. Have you set your speed dial yet? If so, pull open the dialer and press and hold the number of the speed dial your trying to call

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones