• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Still cannot root zte awe after several methods

i used a brand new cable in a differnt port and got stuck at same place. i dont know why the phone reboots but doesn't reconnect. very frustrating. i will try to do what Kelly did but I just might switch to metropcs since they have free tethering now and some inexpensive plans
If u decide to get new phone get a zte warp4g its on boost Mobile great Dev and Roms I'm on it now

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
i used a brand new cable in a differnt port and got stuck at same place. i dont know why the phone reboots but doesn't reconnect. very frustrating. i will try to do what Kelly did but I just might switch to metropcs since they have free tethering now and some inexpensive plans
Some cables are "charge only" wires..

Upvote 0
Hey, I sort of skimmed through the last 3 pages on here. Are you still having issues McBad?

yeah. I'm stuck. after I do adb reboot the pc no longer sees the phone. I entered the adb devices command and it produce a list of devices which seems to show my phone A00003t...etc . then when i doo the adb reboot-bootloader I noticed something...

the computer makes a noise similar to the video of the phone disconnecting but the reconnecting noise is not the same. instead of the single"dadu" i get a "dududududu" and adb device no longer sees the phone. if i try fastboot devices command it doesnt return anything and if i try the fastboot boot recovery.img is goes to waiting for device...

Upvote 0
ok. i got it to work with the L awe rom. i now have a rooted phone with no text messaging app. and when i try to log in to my google account and get an app there is a two step notification which sends a code to my phone via text messaging..lol. i can figure that out though :)

thanks for everybody's help. i have no idea why it worked on one pc but not the other but I think it had something to do with the device driver software incorrectly installed. the second pc i used prompted me to let it look for the driver. it found it and then we moved past the adb reboot hump. I'm not sure what I will do now with this rooted phone but I am grateful to you all for getting it successfully rooted. hopefully documenting my ineptitude might help others in the future. though maybe not since this phone is kind of old.

if anyone has any tips on stuff i should do since it's rooted in this L Awe rom i am all ears.

Upvote 0
ok. i got it to work with the L awe rom. i now have a rooted phone with no text messaging app. and when i try to log in to my google account and get an app there is a two step notification which sends a code to my phone via text messaging..lol. i can figure that out though :)

thanks for everybody's help. i have no idea why it worked on one pc but not the other but I think it had something to do with the device driver software incorrectly installed. the second pc i used prompted me to let it look for the driver. it found it and then we moved past the adb reboot hump. I'm not sure what I will do now with this rooted phone but I am grateful to you all for getting it successfully rooted. hopefully documenting my ineptitude might help others in the future. though maybe not since this phone is kind of old.

if anyone has any tips on stuff i should do since it's rooted in this L Awe rom i am all ears.
Have it sent to email & Log on with a PC to verify.
There may be a USB port incompatibility issue, like previous to USB 2.0 or something..??

Reactions: McBad
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones