• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Still can't unroot my Evo's Unrevoked 3! Please help!

ok so i do not think you are on the right screen. to get to hboot, power the phone off then press and hold power+vol down. that is the hboot screen. it is programmed to automatically scan for the PC36IMG file.

Thats what i dont understand, I know what the boot loader screen is and I know that it should be scanning, but it isnt. That is the problem. I am not a n00b at this kind of stuff. I just need help because more minds are more powerful.

Upvote 0
You may have to flash s-on several times before it takes hold. this has been the problem for others
welcome to the fourms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and that is a fact the we all over looked. thanx for that!
Thanks a ton! that did it! UNROOTED FINALLY!

THANKS ALL!

glad that you got it unrooted. finally!!!!

Upvote 0
and used the correct link from "dummies" thread.
flashed s-on first, then followed all steps. usb through recovery, so I could transfer pc36img to phone. bootloader screen displayed a status bar on the right side that went from empty to filled (said loading pc36img.zip). Then said checking for pc36img.zip. Didn't prompt me to select yes or no.

s-on remains on and can still use setcpu and other root apps.

Upvote 0
and used the correct link from "dummies" thread.
flashed s-on first, then followed all steps. usb through recovery, so I could transfer pc36img to phone. bootloader screen displayed a status bar on the right side that went from empty to filled (said loading pc36img.zip). Then said checking for pc36img.zip. Didn't prompt me to select yes or no.

s-on remains on and can still use setcpu and other root apps.

1.ok so try this file: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
2.rename it by erasing everything but PC36IMG. do not add a .zip
3.transfer it to the root(no folder) of the sd card.
4.power off then press and hold power+vol down
hboot should see it if is named correctly and on the root of the card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones