1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Still haven,'t received 2.2 update!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aejh143, Aug 6, 2011.

1. aejh143

aejh143 Lurker
    None

Aug 6, 2011
    hi all. Its august... I'm a little behind on the phone education but from what I read, I should have received an update for my Epic 4G OTA back in March! I am currently running 2.1, Eclair DI18. I have never rooted my phone either. What is going on? Why dont I have the update and what do I do to get it? My phone is starting to freeze and just generally suck! Any help would be so appreciated, I've spent the last 4 hours trying to figure this out...to no avail.

Advertisement

2. txwolf1980

txwolf1980 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    Guess
    Wherever my 18 wheels take me
    My advice would be to go to the samsung website. If your phone is registered, you should be able to go directly to the downloads area and get the update. If not, registering is relatively painless. I'm assuming that you have already gone to settings> about phone> system updates and clicked on check now. If none of that works, call sprint and ask them to do a manual OTA push to you.

3. Gavisann

Gavisann Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 31, 2011
    Have you tried going to Settings, About phone, System updates, then update Firmware then Update Android? Are you sure you are still on 2.1? To check go to Settings, About phone, and scroll down to Firmware version. What is your Firmware version and your baseband version? (don't get insulted, you would be surprised how many times I have seen people ask this question but they where on 2.2)

If you really, really want the latest version, you can flash it though Odin. Guide here. This will get you to EC05.

Another option is to factory reset the phone, then see if the updates come ota. this will wipe all your data, so back up your contacts accordingly. To do this you need to first shut off your phone. Make sure it is completely off, then press and hold the volume down button, the camera button, and the power button. Continue holding the buttons until you see the soft keys light up. You are now in recovery. Use the up volume and down volume buttons to navigate though the list. Navigate to Factory Restore/data reset (I forget the exact name, I have been running CWM for a while). Press the camera button, navigate to "yes", and press the camera button again.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them.

la sal likes this.