1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Still having crappy battery life..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hackyzac, Feb 19, 2011.

1. hackyzac

hackyzac Member
    None

Aug 8, 2010
    OK so before i rooted I was literally getting about 5 hours of life out of my battery. I ended up deleting my task killer after reading about how bad they were, and installed juicedefender. To my surprise i got 15 hours out of my battery afterwards!

Then I rooted, flashed aosp 9.9.2 and even did the battery resources trick..and i'm still lucky if i get 7 hours of moderate usage out of my battery.

What's the deal? Is my battery just bad? If so why would it haven't gotten so much better before I rooter, then went to crap again?

Any more tricks I could try?

Advertisement

2. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert
    None

May 29, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    Wilmington, Delaware
    When you first switch to a new ROM, your battery stats get erased and the first few charging and usage cycles are not very good. Your battery life will improve quite a bit as you continue to use and charge your Sprint HTC Hero normally.

Head on over to this thread and check the section marked "Battery Issues" about wiping your battery stats to recalibrate your handsets battery if you still feel your battery usage is below par: http://androidforums.com/sprint-hero-all-things-root/233990-setting-up-aosp.html .

andygu3 likes this.
  3. drthunder

drthunder Lurker
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    Try flashing collin_ph battery mod over the rom. HTH

4. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert
    None

May 24, 2010
    Lewis Center, OH
    I agree with LB, simple things first before flashing a battery tweak.

Wiping your battery stats may give you a better indication of your battery life

5. hackyzac

hackyzac Member
    None

Aug 8, 2010
    I've been rooted for about 3 weeks now so it should have had plenty of charge cycles through it, I spotted that battery issues thread after i made this one but figured i'd leave it just in case someone had something different to share that wasn't covered in the other thread.

Tags: