• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Still having major battery drain since Nougat

Nandroid83

Lurker
Mar 29, 2017
I know Nougat has caused some people's battery life to improve, but mine has deteriorated so that my phone is almost useless. With moderate use I have to charge it once, sometimes twice a day, so as not to die before I go to bed. I could make it through the day no problem before. I have downloaded every update for every app that comes out, since I know sometimes that's the problem. I have wiped my partition cache which helped a tiny bit but not much. My phone is less than a year old so it can't be the battery dying. This is bull*%&. Did anyone else have this problem and did it eventually resolve with updates? I am not doing a factory reset. Screw that. I'll go back to a Blackberry if I have to completely reinstall and reset everything on this phone! Thanks for any suggestions short of FR. I'm disappointed with the whole look of Nougat as well so I'm this close to dumping this phone I used to love anyway! Thanks!

LOL? Search nipple?? If you mean the "look" I don't like, no, it's not that. I hate the skinny, skinny fonts, the outlined symbols instead of color, all the white space, the lack of bubble choices and colors in messaging, etc. I especially hate the look of notifications. I can barely see them. Themes don't really help with most of that. Launchers do, but I hear they are pretty buggy.

No, no new apps, no new nothing. I've even removed some apps hoping it would help (my AT&T email app doesn't work at all anymore for some reason). I've had this happen before with battery drain with other updates (like for Marshamallow) but after a week or so of downloading all updates it leveled out. I've had this for almost a month now and it's not better. It's really made my phone a burden. Have to carry a charger everywhere. Really will need to either trade for a new phone that's still running Marshmallow or switch to something else...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones