1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Still having signal issues? Better call VZW!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by blastbeats, Dec 28, 2011.

1. blastbeats

blastbeats Newbie

I am one of those people who has been having connection issues with my GNex since the day I took it home. I finally had enough and brought it back to the store yesterday. They took the phone back but did charge me a restocking fee which I feel I shouldn't have to pay considering if the phone worked, I would have kept it.

So I called VZW, got escalated to a higher tier, explained the situation to the supervisor who said I have to pay the fee. The reason is because I never called for tech troubleshooting. If I had called and they didn't find anything I could have done to fix it, they would have allowed the return. I said a quick search on the internet shows I am not the only one with this problem.
    That's when he said "Well, I looked into it, but there are no open tickets. There is a fix coming for the signal bar accuracy, but nothing open regarding weak signal strength."

So, for anyone planning to return this phone: Make sure you call up for tech troubleshooting first.
    For anyone with weak signal planning to keep this phone: Better call up and log a ticket cause VZW is playing dumb.

Between the 3 in-store and 2 telephone VZW employees I talked to, they all asked why I wanted to return this great phone. I said the same thing each time, it is a great phone and if it was able to keep up the connection as well as my 2yr old Droid Eris I would have loved to keep it.

I have a Rezound on the way now but I did want to wish you all with signal issues good luck. I hope there is a firmware/software fix incoming because its a shame for such a great phone to be crippled by one vital weakness.

I charged it up and took a couple screenshots before I left work yesterday to show what I have been dealing with:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jroc and The_Chief like this.
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

I am on the phone now with Verizon. If I have to get a replacement, it may as well be now before I get any more invested in this one :(

3. ska.t73

ska.t73 Android Expert

Man sorry to hear about that Chief, hope you can get a new one without any issues. I remember you from the OG Droid days, nice to see so many of us moving over to this phone. Hopefully it can be everything you expected.

4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Yeah, it's been a long time, huh?

I called VZW and they said that -83Dbm that I have here is well within range. Next time I am down at the parents house I'll have to do more troubleshooting there to find out why my wife's Droid had signal and my Nexus didn't.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews