1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Still having text issues?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by davco, Jan 16, 2010.

1. davco

davco Newbie
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    I dont own the hero yet, but i really want it. The problem is i send and receive over 15,000 texts a month. Is the hero still having major texting issues. I know when it first came out people werent receiving all of their texts. Did the MR fix this, or are there still problems. I wont get the hero until im confident i can text without major problems.

Advertisement

2. Hrochnick

Hrochnick Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 7, 2009
    Brno, CZ
    15000 a month! Are you serious? You send or receive a text on average every 3 minutes? Is that even possible, do you have time for anything else? You can get help for that you know! :p

Anyway, I believe the updated ROM fixed these problems which, if I remember correctly, affected the Sprint Hero mostly. I certainly haven't had any problems, that I am aware of....

3. TheJock

TheJock Member
    None

Dec 21, 2009
    Waiting on Orange updates
    Scotland
    at that text rate i would think most phones would struggle, texting on hero is ok but the way the hero works is by threads so both your sent and rec text appear as a conversation showing both side of the text exchange, there is not a seperate sent items, this means threads can grow very quickly and i experienced the hero slowing up when trying to get into messages with about 1000 in total so i would be cautious

4. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    The problem is with storing large numbers of messages. Prune the database regularly by deleting unneeded messages and there's no problem.

5. davco

davco Newbie
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    thanks for the info. yes its possible lol. i know its hard to believe, even i dont believe when i see the number. my free sony ericsson flip phone on t-mobile handles them just fine. but i really want the hero! lol thanks again

Tags: