• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root still "Low on space"

wiping the Caches has certainly helped. internal storage up from 50mb to 70mb.

I think i do have a bunch of apps, but not like what ocnbrz has been talking about, like 200 and going strong. is there something that will tell me how many apps I have? Plz tell me if there is an easy way, since I dont think im going to hand count them ! :)

Go to play store. It will tell you how many apps are installed

Upvote 0
According to titanium bkup batch mode I.have 90 user apps and user apps plus data elements= 233.

No change in free space after applying repair and reinstall. (still about 70mb) Will try next command listed. Thanks :)
---++++-
UPDATE
Just tried "a2sd cache sd" but I get invalid command.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0
According to titanium bkup batch mode I.have 90 user apps and user apps plus data elements= 233.

No change in free space after applying repair and reinstall. (still about 70mb) Will try next command listed. Thanks :)
---++++-
UPDATE
Just tried "a2sd cache sd" but I get invalid command.

Try it with no space, like this
#a2sd cachesd

Upvote 0
Just for reference, I also have a 32GB card, partitioned, 2048 ext4 and running dalvik from sd-ext (thats what the command "a2sd cachesd" will do for you), and have about 87 apps.
Untitled.png
[/IMG]

Upvote 0
Thanks gentle-folks!

I now have a lot more internal memmory and my sd cache getting full n from my apps I presume! I don't have the error any more but I don't really know what happened. I wiped the cache and devlik cache and ran a2sd (on my way to using a2sd cachesd), and it did something new. I didn't get a chance to read the output before it self re-boot,but my attatchment should show the inc space.

I'm sure I .wiped caches in my previous attempts. But maybe I didn't. Strange. It must be user error of some type. At any rate I think its going right!

Thanks guys! I can't believe how willing u r to give a guy a hand.
:)

****++++++

Hmm my screenshot is no good. Upon reboot I have a lot more internal memmory. Right now, after playing some games I have a lot less. Will try to reboot and see what it says. I'm sure its fine though. Thanks again!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones