• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Still need help

ok, so i managed to use the ADB Shell to bypass the google sign in, and connect to the wifi which completed the google sign in. so thats covered i can make phone calls, send text messages, and such. but still no data. it has the tmobile FW onit, or the rom....or whatever.

so i was wondering, is there anything anyone knows of, that would fix this?

also, does anyone know of any easy noob guide to installing a linux desktop like Debian? and do you think that would fix it?

just remember that it needs to be for a ROGERS HTC DREAM!

any help would be appreciated.

ok, so i managed to use the ADB Shell to bypass the google sign in, and connect to the wifi which completed the google sign in. so thats covered i can make phone calls, send text messages, and such. but still no data. it has the tmobile FW onit, or the rom....or whatever.

so i was wondering, is there anything anyone knows of, that would fix this?

also, does anyone know of any easy noob guide to installing a linux desktop like Debian? and do you think that would fix it?

just remember that it needs to be for a ROGERS HTC DREAM!

any help would be appreciated.

I believe in most platforms ...you will need a Data Plan with the Carrier and many data driven apps may not work via wifi for this reason ....

I could be wrong ... but hopefully someone else who Doesn't have a data plan will respond ...

Upvote 0
I believe in most platforms ...you will need a Data Plan with the Carrier and many data driven apps may not work via wifi for this reason ....

I could be wrong ... but hopefully someone else who Doesn't have a data plan will respond ...

i have a data plan, but because its the Tmobile FW it wont connect, but it says rogers, so if i wipe that, and get debian, would it fix it?

and after i got passed the Google sign in page, it tried to finish the root, i typer <enter>telnetd<enter>, then went into telnet and typed the root stuff, but i could not "cd" to the "sdcard"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones