• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Still no preorder with Verizon?

IMO it'd be colossally STUPID for VZW to miss out on the April 11th launch of the phone and delay it. People will get the phone elsewhere - I saw some sites that said you can get it at Best Buy and such and then activate it for VZW. VZW wants to make money. To do so, you need to get the phone at VZW. If they are complete idiots, they will not have the phone on April 11th. They will lose $$...but I don't see them doing that...

But stupid enough not to have a preorder? Okay....I can see that.

Upvote 0
Someone in the XDA developers forum said a live chat told them the preorders would definitely start on the 5th, which I find very unlikely since that is a Saturday. Another sales rep told someone that it would definitely start on the 3rd, which is tomorrow. Someone said earlier that Verizon usually rolls out new phones on Thursdays, so maybe there's some truth to that.

Edit: I can't believe how dead it is in here. I really thought there would be more excitement over this phone. I guess there are only maybe 5 of us that are interested in finding out when the VZW preordering will begin.

Upvote 0
Someone in the XDA developers forum said a live chat told them the preorders would definitely start on the 5th, which I find very unlikely since that is a Saturday. Another sales rep told someone that it would definitely start on the 3rd, which is tomorrow. Someone said earlier that Verizon usually rolls out new phones on Thursdays, so maybe there's some truth to that.

Edit: I can't believe how dead it is in here. I really thought there would be more excitement over this phone. I guess there are only maybe 5 of us that are interested in finding out when the VZW preordering will begin.

Make that 6. I'm waiting to replace a RAZR Maxx with an S5.

Upvote 0
I posted this on the Verizon Wireless thread (linked a couple posts up), but thought I would put it here too. I just got off the phone with Verizon Wireless customer service, as I was dropping a line on an old flip phone we no longer use. The CS rep noticed my main line was eligible for upgrade, and offered me the Galaxy S4. I told him I was waiting for the S5 to be released, and he told me they are now accepting preorders for the S5. He said the device would be released on April 10th. I asked if I preordered now, would I receive the device on the 10th, or would it be shipped on the 10th, and he said I would receive it that day. He said the price is $249 with a $50 mail in rebate. I told him I would call back if I decided to upgrade with that deal. Any other Verizon customers can call 800-922-0204 and see if you can get the preorder. I kind of want to wait and see if there will be any other better deals, because I absolutely despise mail in rebates.

Upvote 0
Breaking Update!!

I just called Verizon to check on the rumor of preorders being conducted via phone today and I was told that they are not taking any preorders right now, but the woman did say she would go ask her supervisor if he had any information about the preorders. She came back a few minutes later and said the offical preorder starts TOMORROW! She said they got an internal email about it, but she didn't get it, but verified it with
another coworker. I asked her if that meant it would start tonight at midnight and she said no.....more likely tomorrow around 7:00 am (not sure which time zone).

Reactions: TG1
Upvote 0
Just a heads up, Verizon preorder is for the 16GB version.
That means around 8GB of space is left :/

Preloaded Apps
Verizon Preloaded Apps: Accessories, Amazon Suite (Appstore, Audible, IMDb, Kindle, Mobile, MP3), Caller Name ID, Cloud, Emergency Alerts, Isis Mobile Wallet, My Verizon Mobile, NFL Mobile, Slacker, Verizon Messages, Verizon Tones, Visual Voicemail, VZ Navigator, VZ Protect

Samsung Preloaded Apps: Calculator, Calendar, Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Flipboard, Gallery, Help, Memo, Messages, Music, My Files, POLARIS Office 5, S Health, S Voice, Settings, Smart Remote, Video, Voice Recorder

Google Preloaded Apps: Chrome, Drive, Gmail, Google (Search), Google+ (Photo), Google Settings, Hangouts, Maps, Play Books, Play Games, Play Movies & TV, Play Newsstand, Play Music, Play Store, Voice Search, Youtube

Upvote 0
Thanks for doing the research on this axel! it's 16gb but it does have the micro SD card slot right? And even if pre-ordered, you don't get it til the 11th? I think I might still hold out til April 11th and get it in the store....

Yes it had a micro sd card slot. It should ship before the 11th so it will be in your hands on the 11th but it's possible you may get it a day or two early depending on how early you preordered.

Upvote 0
Damn this forum is dead compared to 2010. Wtf

Anyway, I guess its me and 5 others waiting eagerly for an announcement! Can't wait!

Some folks have moved on to other forums, since separates the different carrier versions. It can get too confusing posting here, once the different versions release. There are enough differences to warrant separation, but that discussion was killed here some time ago.

Phandroid decided not to and this seems to have had some level of impact.

Upvote 0
Yes. To my knowledge, the 32 GB model won't be available at launch.

For VZW, they tend to launch $50 higher than other carriers for the 16GB, so do not bother with a 32GB model at all, or wait several months like with the S4. They only offered the 32GB then due to customer complaints.

If HTC offered the 16GB M8 in the US markets, VZW would have milked that too. VZW execs milk it real good. Kind of like Munson in the movie Kingpins ;) You have to see it to get that one :)

Added:

Good movie BTW :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones