• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Still no Update :)

winky

Dec 9, 2009
Hello. I have the GSM HTC Hero (w/ chin) and have yet to receive the update. I'm starting to wonder if I'm ever going to. I would rather not root my phone. I have tried pushing the date up and still nothing. Can anyone help?

My build # is: 2.73.421.5

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. I actually read that thread and tried everything on there already. When I go to the HTC site to download a newer ROM, I am told "Sorry, this software download is not suitable for your device."

I am not in the UK but in Albania on a local carrier. Does that mean I have no chance of getting the update?

Upvote 0
My google-fu skills are letting me down; I can't tell what branding the 2.73.421.5 firmware has. Obviously you don't have an unbranded phone, or the HTC website would let you download the ROM.

Unless your network's own website has details about the update, I'd go with what Slug suggested.

Upvote 0
Winky, take a look at this post - the procedure should work on any branded firmware. You'll find a link to the most recent generic HTC firmware here.

Okay, I went through the steps in this post. I am unable to download ROM version 2.73.405.5 as I'm still getting the same message that this download is not compatible with my phone. So, I downloaded the Android 2.1 (AOSP) but don't know what to do with that as it does not give me any steps to follow.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones