1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

STILL no update?!?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aileendq, May 18, 2011.

1. aileendq

aileendq Well-Known Member

So I've been checking every day for the OTA update with no success. I get the "service not available" message OR the dialogue box simply disappears and nothing else happens.

I've also switched to 1x only and tried multiple times...NOTHING.

So, should I do a factory reset THEN do the update? Wait it out for another week and a half for the notification?

And I'm ambivalent as it is, given the problems that abound after the update.

Hmmmm....

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. HookEmHorns*UT*

HookEmHorns*UT* Well-Known Member

You should have gotten it by now. I would try the factory reset and see if this helps. If you still don't get it i would take it to Verizon and let them see what they can do about it or let them replace it. Hope this helps! :)

3. T_VASS

T_VASS Member

you arent missing much really.. i saw ZERO improvements just annoying reboots..

redraider1 likes this.
  4. HookEmHorns*UT*

HookEmHorns*UT* Well-Known Member

This is not true for all TB's. Mine has not had one issue involving the update.

5. I got the update and it messed my phone so they sent me a replacement and I got it monday and the update popped up again. I would assume you should have gotten it by now.

6. cbj5259

cbj5259 Newbie

I haven't gotten it either...and it doesn't seem as though I am missing much. My gf got the update and her phone reboot 4-5 times a day. No thanks. If I get it, I get it...if not I'll wait for gingerbread.

7. makerofdrums

makerofdrums Newbie

Haven't gotten it either, Los Angeles area

8. Gravytrain

Gravytrain Android Enthusiast

Consider yourself lucky. I just got my replacement from bb and it updated while my phone was charging... I was trying to avoid it.

9. Shel

Shel Well-Known Member

Yup, Los Angeles here as well, and also haven't received the update.

Not stressing about it, though. When it gets here, it gets here....

10. grossie

grossie Member

I'm trying like hell to avoid it. I actually downloaded it then refused to install it after reading all the horror stories. I'm hoping I'm not forced into it- I like my TB, no major flaws.

11. Nor*Cal

Nor*Cal Well-Known Member

If you use the camcorder then this update is something you want to install. It fixes the sound issue with recording video's and to some people this is a huge deal.

Also, I read on another thread that accourding to HTC the update has now been put on hold so they can work on addressing the random reboot issue. No idea if this is true or not.

12. makerofdrums

makerofdrums Newbie

Also, I read on another thread that accourding to HTC the update has now been put on hold so they can work on addressing the random reboot issue. No idea if this is true or not.[/QUOTE]

Oh that makes some sense thx

13. mike114

mike114 Well-Known Member

No update for me either...Dallas / Ft Worth.

And from the sounds of it, I'm not really upset about it.

14. alamoe

alamoe Android Enthusiast

Forget that ota update. Go to xda and get some gingerbread!

15. cbj5259

cbj5259 Newbie

Yeah...ill put up with the poor switching between 4G and 3g and the gps and text issues for a few more weeks if they can get gingerbread (bug free) to us by the end of June.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews