1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

still no update......

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by baldysimon, Aug 18, 2012.

1. baldysimon

baldysimon Newbie

I have a one x on contract with o2 in the UK.
    Because I bought it from carphone warehouse it is unbranded and I can use my 3 sim in it too. I can't get the new update on either sim. Is it sent out by o2, 3, or HTC? I'm a bit confused. The update is showing on the HTC website from the 10th.... Help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mr roley mole

Mr roley mole Newbie

I'm the same got mine from the car phone warehouse but with orange, our devices are unbranded and that means we should get the update direct from HTC, however it's just a waiting game as they are releasing the update in batches and it's just a waiting game as to when we receive the update.

3. Ziani

Ziani Android Expert

My partner has the Samsung Galaxy 3 branded and he got his this morning.

4. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Android Expert

The update has not rolled out in the UK yet, the last 2 updates were aprox. 10 days behind the rest of Europe. I have been told the networks in this country tend to delay the update rolling out to unbranded phones until they are satisfied with it. Personally i think it is so more people don't opt for unbranded than already do.
    Myself i have used the RUU route & stuck 2 fingers up at the networks & got the update on time that way.

5. Ziani

Ziani Android Expert

It has, ,my partner got it yesterday on his Galaxy3!!!

6. coos lick

coos lick Android Enthusiast

Samsung updates have diddly squat to do with HTC updates - they are different phones!

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews