1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Still no WAV file support?!?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by echinacea, Oct 19, 2011.

1. echinacea

echinacea Lurker
    None

Oct 17, 2011
    When I get a voicemail, it gets emailed to my gmail account and I would get a new email icon to click. With my previous DroidX build, i could press "preview" in gmail and it would launch and i could hear my voicemail.

When the verizon droidx got a new OS push a few weeks back, I no longer had this capability. That irked me a lot....combine that with keyboard issues which affected texting AND a move by my company to a new location with no verizon service (and i didnt get any at home either) but great ATT service......i just switched to ATT with a Samsung Galaxy S ii and I couldnt be happier....except i still cannot listen to my emails.

I have tried all sorts of downloads off the marketplace and they all say something about unsupported file type.

I dont like having to actually call home and go through the key press menu when i can just listen to it in 2 clicks on my phone.

Why doesnt android allow people to listen to WAV files when it seems the most common way of disseminating voicemail messages on work or home telephones?

has anyone else experienced this or found a working solution?

Advertisement