1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Still receiving texts from blocked numbers

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Lindsey J, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Lindsey J

Lindsey J Lurker
    None

Aug 9, 2016
    Female
    Twice this has happened.
    I've gone into a number via my call log and clicked to block it, it then gives you slide bar options to block either calls and / or texts - I always slide it to both.
    And both times I have received text messages from the numbers after supposedly blocking them.
    When I go through my message settings, the numbers are on the block list, so why am I still getting texts?
    Does it have something to do with the Messenger App (originally from Facebook Messenger) and the SMS Messenger having to merge into one App to be used as one?

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    I think it depends on how your phone app's blacklisting worked. If the blacklist was for the SMS service then it wouldn't matter what app you used for messages. If it was just for a specific sms app (i.e. the manufacturer's own) then yes, that could explain it. I guess an easy test would be to swap to the original SMS app for a little and see.

3. Lindsey J

Lindsey J Lurker
    None

Aug 9, 2016
    Female
    I did swap back, but I can't leave it like that because if I try to send regular SMS it won't let me until I make Messenger the default App - it's so annoying!!
    The block list was accessed through the original SMS that came with the phone before any apps were downloaded. So whether or not it's somehow bypassing that list because it's going through something else, I don't know. Was just wondering whether or not someone had similar issues