1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Still running Andriod 2.3.3 ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mikehorne, Apr 20, 2012.

1. mikehorne

mikehorne Lurker

My 8 month old S2 on orange contract in the UK is still showing droid 2.3.3

BASEBAND VERSION I9100BVKG2
    KERNEL VERSION 2.6.35.7-I9100BVKG3-CL244296 ROOT@DELL103#2
    BUILD NUMBER GIGNGERBREAD.BVKG3

Have tried via KIES with the cable which informs me that software updates are not available via KIES???????????

Can anyone HEEEELLLPPP

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Forbidden 403

Forbidden 403 Android Enthusiast

Check this thread to see if an update is available:
    ics-csc-you-eligible-update

If an update is available, I can see you are on warranty, make a backup and send it to the service center for an update.
    If you are feeling adventurous you can try flashing the update yourself too.

3. memnactor

memnactor Lurker

Where have you bought your phone?

If your phone is from another country you wont be able to get updates via your native Kies.

You can check this by calling samsung support and giving them your Imei number.

4. Forbidden 403

Not entirely correct.

About the native location of the phone, dial *#1234# from the phone the CSC code that gets listed can be used to figure that out.

I don't believe that if you go to another country then Kies won't update your phone.

Kies will however only match for updates against the CSC of the connected phone and not the actual geographical location.

5. mikehorne

mikehorne Lurker

Bought from Orange here in the UK? its driving me crazy that I'm still on droid 2.3.3

6. Forbidden 403

I believe Orange just released an update. Dial *#1234# from your phone and check this thread to check whether ICS is available:
    ics-csc-you-eligible-update

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews