• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

still searching for my email nervana

jvk

Apr 20, 2010
I knew my droid would not handle email as good as my old blackberry but I switched anyways.

Still trying to find peace wiith my config.

Here is my current setup:

Personal email forwarded to gmail and combined via gmail client. Unsure of how they network this but seems fine and handles attachments well. Would never use for work as it is too easy to lose something new in a thread

Work email is via godaddy and is only account via email client preinstalled. Imap. I can't seem to find a way to have it maintain more than a day or two worth of emails at once in memory. Not good for searching, etc. Lack of custom features. Miss simplicity of blackberry even thoug I consciously said no more push emails.

Attachments on the client are bad. Most pdfs are unreadable and is much worse than blackberry. There seems to be some chronic download issues with pdfs from efax services and wavs from vms. I try to setup prefilters to gmail but can't catch it all.

The software tends to make the user want to use gmail for everything. Have not tried 3rd party clients yet and don't want to.

Still glad I moved over for other reasons but this is frustrating.

This may not be everything you want, but you can try out Seven

Only thing I don't like is the lack of HTML in emails, so I just load up the message in the native email app if I wanna see it.

Since you are a former blackberry owner I would like to know what you think. So if you try it let us know your thoughts. My brother is still considering switching to android and I want to know how this compares.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones