• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Still valid screenshot instructions?

I seem to be stuck.
I downloaded the JRE and the SDK but get stuck at:

1. Plug your HTC Desire into your computer via USB and Windows will attempt to install all of the appropriate drivers; one of the drivers will not be found and thus you must proceed to Device Manager in your Control Panel and find the HTC Desire (there will be a yellow icon next to it)
  2. Right-click on the HTC Desire entry and select properties; instruct Windows to update/install the driver for this device and when asked, simply browse to the usb_driver folder inside of the Android software development kit folder that you extracted to your desktop earlier -- the device is recognized and the driver is installed
when i browse to device manager, it doesnt list HTC - just Other Device / ADB. I browse to the usb_driver folder, but it doesnt find the htc driver. So now, when I open the ddms.bat, my phone is not listed on the left side.
Anyone able to help? or if this is the wrong forum for this, direct me to the right place...?
thanks for all advice!
/d

Upvote 0
I am hesitant to root my phone, just yet. As you can see, Im still pretty new to all this, and am having trouble with this first simple (?) task.
I tried the link you provided - looks way easier, except that it says : 2) On the pc, explore the phones drive, run HTCSync.exe which is there.
I dont seem to have HTCSync.exe. Is that possible??

Upvote 0
making some progress!
downloaded it from the htc site, but even though I have the phone connected, the PC says no device connected. and my phone says unable to find htcsync on PC. Argh.
When I open the ddms.bat, it finally displays a phone in the left pane, but says its Offline. and the dos box says the same, thus the screen shot function isnt working.... :-(

Upvote 0
You could perhaps use imgur: the simple image sharer to upload your pictures, then use the
tags to post the screenshots.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones