• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help still waiting for 4.1.2 on UK SIII

Got it on 3 uk today via Kies. Will need to play around with it to see if i notice much difference. I always feel a bit underwhelmed when an update does arrive, dont know if i hope for major changes and looking dramatically different but rarely do i see naything major changing.

What u think of the status bar toggles? Notifications is gone!! Multiscreen is crap so far but do a data speedtest or cpu n notice the performance boost :)

Upvote 0
I still have notifications show when i pull down the bar. It is showing just now that i have one email unread message, is that what you mean or am i missing something. Tried the multiscreen and dont think i will be using it, i am blind as a bat and have to zoom in on most pages to see them anyway never mind halving the size of the screen. Everything else so far seems quite nifty. Will see what else it throws up.

Upvote 0
Im on EE and still on the 'latest' 4.1.1???

And I got this???

There should be a pic here??

Attachments

• 2013-01-06 22.28.40.png
    2013-01-06 22.28.40.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 0
Hi I followed instructions and up-dated to 4.1.2, via Odin, but when checking if Keis recognises my S3,I found it didn't. I then checked the *#1234# numbers and found this:-
AP19300XXELLA
CP19300XXELLA
CSC 'No Information
Does this mean that my 'phone is partially bricked or that I have managed to void my warranty?
Any comments/advice will be gratefully received.
Jon

Upvote 0
I got my S3 as a gift. It's unlocked and unbranded and it's running 4.1.1. I've been waiting for the 4.1.2 update, but nothing yet (not even via Kies).

AP: I9300XXDLJ4
CP: I9300XXDLID (this also appears in Settings -> About device -> Baseband version)
CSC: I9300TPHDLJ1

Kies says that my current (and latest) firmware version is:
PDA:LJ4 / PHONE:LID / CSC:LJ1 (TPH)

What do those numbers mean? Should I just continue to wait for an update or should I try to update via Odin? Thoughts?

TIA!

Upvote 0
I dug up a bit and I guess I can answer some of my own questions (hopefully this is helpful for someone else). I googled the CSC string and got a link for the Sam mobile site. That's how I found out that my phone has a Portuguese firmware. The Sam mobile site says that for this particular firmware there is no update yet. On a different forum (one from France) the general recommendation was to not change to a different firmware, one from a different country/carrier, so I guess that in my case it's probably best to wait.

From my understanding 4.1.2 does not exactly revolutionize this phone (yes, the split screen is nice but not vital), so I'm not exactly dying to get it. If the firmware becomes available on Sam mobile and after several days it's still not available OTA or via Kies, then I will consider using Odin to flash 4.1.2.

Upvote 0
Honestly, ive no idea. Sorry! Ive used Odin twice to update and neither time my phone got wiped but on one occasion i did need to change my CSC to my own country which then wiped the phone completely.

Ive no idea why i needed to change the CSC from what it was, ive had a look but cant find the reason why i did it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones